whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When did NI bale on Michigan and moved to Cali? The lites sure have some tight times, going to be a good one! CP showed up and put some good laps down. And I can not believe my eyes, FK is Back! Sure hope he makes the main, come on Freddie! Top 4 or so SX class separated by .5 seconds a piece, then some more tight times. Sure hope Feld is doing well with their nazi storm trooping the free broadcasts we used to get, snivel. Live wire still free! http://206.168.146.116/ Come on 7:30pm! CST. SX broadcast Sunday CBS at 11:30 am CST and the Lites at 5pm CST on Speed.

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Lites Qualifier #1

Metcalfe comes from behind to beat Pourcel by less than a second. Izzi comes from outside top 10 to third.

To main:

Metcalfe
Pourcel
Izzi
T. Wharton
W. Hahn
Durham
Goerke
Jesseman
Ward

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Lites Qualifier #2

Stroupe holeshot with Lemoine in tow. Lemoine makes pass and two turns later gets banged pretty hard by Stroupe who goes back by. Stroupe gets the win.

To main:

Stroupe
Lemoine
Davalos
B. Wharton
Friese
D. Blair
Parks
Saylor
Gills

Notables - Freddy Karrle 13th, British Import Steven Clarke misses by one in tenth after a bad start.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Heavies Qualifier #1

Only 38 entries in the 450 class eveyone made the night show tonight. Sipes is the only West Lites rider riding a 450 in the East.

Reed and Villopoto bang down the start straight giving the holeshot to Heath Voss. Villopoto riding wild trying to hang with Reed and hits the dirt, losing the front end. Reed stalls bike but gets it wicked back up quickly. Reed wins, Villopoto charges back from 10th after crash to 6th.

To main:

Reed
Grant
Voss
Ferry
Millsaps
Villopoto
Hill
Summey
Rivas

Notables - Cody Cooper crashes a few turns from making his first SX main, re-injuring his knee that had him miss the last round.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Heavies Qualifier #2

Alessi holeshot, pileup in first turn including Andrew Short. Stewart quickly grabs lead, and setting the quickest lap time in the process. Stewart wins and sounds like he's got a fair bit more speed than Reed tonight, maybe they got the Yamaha working right for him finally.

To main:

Stewart
Tedesco
Windham
Alessi
Short
Chisholm
Coisy
Siebler
Boni

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Karrle got 3rd in the LCQ, Clarke and Hewitt to the main, SX Hansen and Carpenter. Sipes got 4th? Wow for the orange guys! Chili, outstanding reports, and Thank You! Spectators in Houston sound like they are in for a really good set of mains!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pourcel, Metcalfe and Izzi in the Lites main. Stewart, Reed and Villipodium in the SX main! When was the last time 12 bikes were on the same lead lap at the finish? Here is hoping RV many more!

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Stewart is so dominating. He is only 9 Points back after starting out 23 Points down. If Chad Reed wouldn't of taken him out at the first round this would of been a boring series. Stewart will be the 2009 Supercross Champion unless Reed takes him out again.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wow, best track of the year, so far? JS is back in the house, still not 100% JS? RV made it, sure would have liked seeing him not fall, and hand the position to CR though. He is giving them some respect? CR came through the pack, could not reel in JS. AS stayed pretty close! Very good race to watch, the gruesome talking twosome did not get to me this time, kept the sound real low!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
SMMWest said:
If Chad Reed wouldn't of taken him out at the first round this would of been a boring series. Stewart will be the 2009 Supercross Champion unless Reed takes him out again.
Reed took him out? When did this happen? Maybe if the Yamaha carb didn't burp he wouldn't of got hit. I did see Stewart take out Windham that night :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Stewart's bike went into neutral. And as much room as the JS and KW had, that should not have happened, both at fault. More to KW, I think he could have backed off and went to the center instead of the direction that JS was pushing his bike off the track.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
rickyd said:
Reed took him out? When did this happen

We all saw it, but hey if that is what Reed has to do to make the series close or get his 3rd Championship (the other 2 came when the best rider in the class was sitting out) then hey we understand. :nener:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Apparently you and Stewart would disagree then :nener: :)

Yeah Reed won the Championship, but, in order to win it you have to be in it in the 1st place :p

Found this on Racer X: I originally thought his carb burped :laugh:

What was your week like after a weekend like Anaheim I?
To be honest, I didn’t really care. By the time I did my interview with Erin [Bates, for the Speed broadcast] and got to the tunnel, I was actually kind of like, “Oh, well, there’s nothing I can do about it.” I guess people took my words wrong about me saying he took me out, but nothing I said was wrong. [U]I said I came around, missed a gear, and he hit me from the rear, and I was taken out that way. I never meant he took me out on purpose and stuff like that. [/U]Oh, well. I feel like I’ve just got to move toward the future. There’s nothing I can do about it, and I’m sure he didn’t mean it, and I obviously didn’t mean to miss a shift, but it’s part of racing.

Last edited:

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Awwwe that BUBBA letting Reed off the hook so easy what a swell guy. Seriously it just make the Championship chase much more interesting. If Reed wins it all though after that first round I would honestly be disappointed. If Stewart would of made it through that round 1 without a DNF and Reed won the Championship I could be cool with that, but not with the Stewart DNF that Reed had a part in. But hey that is just me.

Reed has won all of his Championships the way Jeff Stanton won his first one in 1989 (when Rick Johnson had to go out with a Broken wrist.), Reed is a good rider and is consistent but has never been the fastest rider ever in a season since he came to the States.

McGrath, Charmichael, Stewart can all say they were without a doubt the fastest man in the sport at some point in their career without question, but not so with Chad Reed.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
SMMWest said:
Awwwe that BUBBA letting Reed off the hook so easy what a swell guy. Seriously it just make the Championship chase much more interesting. If Reed wins it all though after that first round I would honestly be disappointed. If Stewart would of made it through that round 1 without a DNF and Reed won the Championship I could be cool with that, but not with the Stewart DNF that Reed had a part in. But hey that is just me.

Reed has won all of his Championships the way Jeff Stanton won his first one in 1989 (when Rick Johnson had to go out with a Broken wrist.), Reed is a good rider and is consistent but has never been the fastest rider ever in a season since he came to the States.

McGrath, Charmichael, Stewart can all say they were without a doubt the fastest man in the sport at some point in their career without question, but not so with Chad Reed.

Anybody have some good info on the history of the revisionist movement?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Stewart, Reed, whatever.
It is obvious that Stewart's bike coughed or missed a shift in the way Reed hit the SIDE of Stewart's rear wheel (Chad was moving with forward momentum while James was slowing)
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but not a right to their own facts.
Come on.....

Ando400

May 2, 2002
If only...

I've no doubt Reed would have won more titles if first Carmichael and then Stewart hadn't been around. In the end it's only what the history books tell that anyone remembers. I wonder what history will say of each?

Reed - won a few titles, career overlapped the greatest rider in history and although beating him a few times in races was never able to do it over a season.

Stewart - won a few titles, career overlapped the greatest rider in history and although beating him a few times in races was never able to do it over a season.

I can't help thinking that for all his potential Stewart will be remembered as somewhat of an underachiever. As I make it he has competed (or at least been eligible to compete) in 11 recognised national championship series over 7 years and won just 3 (or maybe 4?).

Yes I am Australian and a Reed fan and while I really want him to win it's obvious that when both are on their game he is just not quite as fast as Stewart. On the other hand Reed lines up against Stewart at the start of each season knowing that if he himself can stay upright and fast for the season he is probably at least an even money chance of taking the title.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Ando400 said:
If only...

I've no doubt Reed would have won more titles if first Carmichael and then Stewart hadn't been around. In the end it's only what the history books tell that anyone remembers. I wonder what history will say of each?

Reed - won a few titles, career overlapped the greatest rider in history and although beating him a few times in races was never able to do it over a season.

Stewart - won a few titles, career overlapped the greatest rider in history and although beating him a few times in races was never able to do it over a season.

I can't help thinking that for all his potential Stewart will be remembered as somewhat of an underachiever. As I make it he has competed (or at least been eligible to compete) in 11 recognised national championship series over 7 years and won just 3 (or maybe 4?).

Yes I am Australian and a Reed fan and while I really want him to win it's obvious that when both are on their game he is just not quite as fast as Stewart. On the other hand Reed lines up against Stewart at the start of each season knowing that if he himself can stay upright and fast for the season he is probably at least an even money chance of taking the title.

Wow what an excellent post. Good job my man.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
At least Reed has won some......

The guy I'll always feel bad for is Windham...... "Mr. 2nd place"

Windham had to watch McGrath, Carmichael, and Stewart always just out of reach......

Then in those seasons when there was a chance, it was Reed, who was just out of reach......

Then outdoors it was guys like Albertyne and Henry who would rise up and spoil K-Dub's bid for a major championship...... The year that Albie beat him was just amazing for Albie, but not so much for Windham.

Necromancer

Dec 27, 2008
I wasn't expecting Reed to do very well. He went down at least 2 times in practice (that I saw) and once in the races. He seemed to have trouble in the Holeshot area. RV came in 3rd. I'm not sure where it was stated that he came in 6th after a come back from 10th? I knew RV wouldn't do very well, but was very happy to see him lead at least the first 2 laps. I lost my voice cheering for the battle between he and JS in the 3rd lap lol. While I'd like to see CR over JS, Reed just isn't gonna do it this year IMO. I'd really like to see RV do it, but we might have to wait for next year for that to happen.

The lites threw me off a bit. I guess I forgot that we are on the east side. I was hoping to see JLAW eat it in person lol.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
funkypunk97 said:
At least Reed has won some......

The guy I'll always feel bad for is Windham...... "Mr. 2nd place"

Windham had to watch McGrath, Carmichael, and Stewart always just out of reach......

Then in those seasons when there was a chance, it was Reed, who was just out of reach......

Then outdoors it was guys like Albertyne and Henry who would rise up and spoil K-Dub's bid for a major championship...... The year that Albie beat him was just amazing for Albie, but not so much for Windham.

Yeah I am a huge Kevin Windham fan. I mean when this guy was part of Kawasaki Team Green I thought he was going to be the future of the sport. I thought he was going to be an outdoor legend.
When he made the switch to Yamaha and became a good 125cc Supercross Rider but kinda lost his endurance outdoors in that class plus he was getting to big for the Tiddlers.
Thinking back to when he was in that 125cc Class with Robbie Reynard, James Dobb, Steve Lamson, Tim Ferry (remember when Ferry was a Suzuki Factory Rider?), Damon Huffman and Mikael Pichon. He should of dominated.

Top Bottom