whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
One of the best tracks, so far! Stewart sure was making the field look like they were dogging it in practice, and the race also! Sure curious about what he has in store for Indy? Starting on a 2 stroke, backwards, spot Chadwick 10 seconds? Come on Saturday in INDY!!!! Villopoto sure pooped out at lap 10 or so. Too bad he does not use some of Chadwicks patented take out moves. I sure thought Chad tried giving a handful of whisky throttle in the sand when he finally past Villi, I hope CR is still getting the sand out of his mangina for following for near 10 laps. Who was this Bowers guy in 10th, for a minute????? Some guys just are not made for lites? Even while he was still an amateur, faster on the 450. Broc, sure did not think he would be back this strong, kudos! The lites, Austin, WTF, while in the lead? Bet he feels a little shorter today? Pourcel should not gain US status, till he gets rid of that slang from France! Izzi will be the star of the future from the lites guys, he has the Mafia to back him up! Wharton was on fire, and Davalos, we will see if he can stay on the podiums for a while. 2 hometown boys made it to the main, Karrle had a rough start, and BJ stayed the whole race! I wonder how many letters James gets from the likes of Al Sharpton over his introductions? Bunch of haters!!! This spark in Chadwicks eyes before the race, sure was not there at the end of the race! Could have been the sand in all the wrong places?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Great race to watch hpefully it is going to continue the rest of the year. I would rather have James intro like this than have to watch the sprinkler at the end :nod:

OOOHHHH and don't forget Reed still knows James weakness :rotfl: at least If he could ever get him in sight so he could capitalize on it :blah:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Bubba is in the zone now. Total domination. If Chad ever did get a massive holeshot, Bubba would quickly hunt him down.

The track was challenging and had lots of places to pass. Lots of places to crash, too. It was hard to keep up with all the carnage. Would have been a great race to be at live!

Not much competition for Bubba at the front of the SX class, but there was very good racing from Short, Millsaps, Windham, Josh Grant and Tedesco. Too bad Ivan landed on Grant last night. Ferry has been pretty much invisible this year, but had a pretty decent result. I hope he will do even better outdoors.

Good racing overall, especially in the Lites.

I usually cut the announcers and Speed TV alot of slack during the live broadcasts, but there were many things about the coverage that annoyed me last night. It would have been nice to see the Davalos pass to get on the Lites podium, for one. They cut away from a heated last lap battle and did not go back to it for the decisive pass. Unforgivable.

It was also a little annoying that the cameras and announcers focused 100% on Izzi for the first four laps of the Lites main. I like Izzi and all, but there were 19 other riders on the track, including a few that were in front of Izzi and several crashes behind him. It felt like a 5 minute long Suzuki commercial, lol.

Also, Jeffro telling us how calm and collected Stroupe was, as he was flailing away at his kick starter without success. I'm sure Kawasaki loved seeing it prominantly displayed on national TV that even top pros can't start a hot KXF250 after you stall it going into a corner. It's not like the bike cartwheeled down the track and layed on its side for 2 minutes, lol.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Glad someone else brought the REALLY getting worse broadcast crew! We need an email campaign and put in the Canadian crew, and Nikki if she is available? Feld motorsports.com, pffffft! Wheres that email bomb program, is that frowned on still?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Definitely the best track I've seen this year. From clay to sand to jump with a sand landing really tested the riders.

Reed looked like he was pushing harder then earlier in the season, but was making more mistakes and actually going slower.. And that main start, sure someone jumped the start and shook the gate, but how much is Bubba in his head that he was the only one to react to it and blow his start?

And Bubba has gotten faster, smoother and more comfortable with his bike every week, and I think this week he was just cruising. Showing some maturity and only going as fast as necessary to assure a win.

Reed needs to calm down, get his smooth style back, and even then it is probably too late, Bubba's on fire.

And the announcers! The stupidest thing they said IMHO was to comment about and even slightly justify the dumb idea that someone had said the San Manual team is not good or professional enough. For crying out loud, while Reed and the #1 plate may have moved to Suzuki, the San Manual team is still the reigning championship team.

Lites, wow, I can't believe the carnage,, bikes everywhere, what were there, 6 or 7 of the top riders crashed and ended up in the LCQ? Coverage was pretty good, but not showing the Davalos pass for 3rd was inexcusable.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
oldguy said:
Great race to watch hpefully it is going to continue the rest of the year. I would rather have James intro like this than have to watch the sprinkler at the end :nod:

OOOHHHH and don't forget Reed still knows James weakness :rotfl: at least If he could ever get him in sight so he could capitalize on it :blah:

Hell, I know what JBS's weakness is.. Doesn't mean I'd ever be able to do anything with that knowledge.. ;)

One would think that in the 3 or 4 seasons we've had Shaheen & the Fro doing the broadcast, that they'd eventually figure out what they are broadcasting. It seems they get worse every week.

I wish they'd quit treating us like a Nascab audience and start calling the race. I could really care less about Villopotos new man-friend.. And yeah, they actually used that term.

As cool as these guys may or may not be, off the track, I really don't give a crap about their personal lives. I want to see them race. And want to hear about the race. What they do in their off time really isn't that interesting.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I don't get the "Chad know's Stewart's weakness" thing. But I think I DO know Chad's weakness... lined up on the same gate with Bubba. Same "presence" that Ricky put on James.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well, thank someone for my hearing loss! I may have thrown my tv if I heard any remark from the tv crew about RV's man friend!!!!!! I sure hope Ryan goes hunting for a Jeffro, he would look better on his mantle than my tv screen every week! Back on track, that sand section was just enough, to separate the good from the iffy. Watching Pourcel loft his wheel though there sure got me to smile! And all the lites bikes it gobbled up! What does Bubba have in store for this weekend, does he know Chadwick will still be digging sand out of his mangina? Come on Saturday, I will be guarding Miss SX in the hallways!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Supposed to be a gnarly sand section here in Indy too!

I can't wait for Saturday. It'd be nice if the weather was good enough for them to open the roof!

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I'm still debating about going saturday. I'd like to just because its the first race at lucas oil, and i've yet to go there. We'll see how it goes this week. I may end up at the race with you guys. Horray for $10 nosebleeds.

I too liked the sand section they had this week. It at least kept me watching even after James had a nice lead. Sand can bite anyone and quick. It really gets old when you know who the winner is after the first 2 laps. At least theres still some good racing back in the pack.

I don't keep up on the lites much. Where did this pourcel guy come from?(obviously France) I've never heard of him.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chad better start worrying more about the lil red-head behind him than the James so far ahead of him. Looks to me that Ryan is slowly stepping it up.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Okiewan said:
Chad better start worrying more about the lil red-head behind him than the James so far ahead of him. Looks to me that Ryan is slowly stepping it up.

It's only a matter of time before he's putting a wheel to Chad.. I can't wait!!

Deadohiosky39 said:
I don't keep up on the lites much. Where did this pourcel guy come from?(obviously France) I've never heard of him.
Poucel has been around, but he was out all last season with an injury.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:
I wonder how much a man-friend goes for these days . . .
Doesn't matter... it's in the Stimulus Package :p

Top Bottom