ruining decals with thor force kneeguards?

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone else have trouble with ruining decals on the readiator shrouds due to wearing thor force kneeguards? I friggin turned my KX 250 decal black and ripped part of it due to squeezing the sides/shrouds of my KX 250 with my legs when going down long mountain hills trail riding. I just bought a new one and that damn thing cost me $70.00 sine I got the OEM one.

If I'm careful not to squeeze the sides with my legs it doesn't seem to hurt anything, but is there a better way around this that you guys know of?

Also, I have a practictly brand new banshee 350, and I was dumb enough to wear my damn force guard knee guards when riding it, and I ruined the yamaha decals on BOTH damn sides, AND scuffed the friggin fenders up on the sides where my knee's rub. I don't even wear the damn thing when riding my banshee now, and I also have to go out and buy 2 new decals for the damn banshee now :(

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I just picked up a pair this past weekend.

Are you wearing them underneath your pants?

I personally like them because it makes it easier for me to grip the bike with my legs.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
AssistSuper said:
I just picked up a pair this past weekend.

Are you wearing them underneath your pants?

I personally like them because it makes it easier for me to grip the bike with my legs.

I wear them over my pants. There is no way in hell I could put my MX pants over them I don't think :(

And if I did, it would look RETARDED! :(

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
mattb348 said:
I wear them over my pants. There is no way in hell I could put my MX pants over them I don't think :(

And if I did, it would look RETARDED! :(
Actually, I think that wearing kneepads on the outside of your pant is a bit like wearing your underwear on the outside of your pants. It would also reduce the amount of wear.
To address your original question. Put a clear piece of vinyl where the rub is happening. Dennis Kirk has clear shroud protectors for several full size MX bikes. Also, NStyle has cut to fit number plate backgrounds in clear.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
mine fit under also

i tried wearing them with so called moto shorts at the dunes and scuffed my graphics good. i put clear bathtub stickers on the shrouds, its way cheaper than moto related vinyl

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Don't know if they would work with the force knee guards but we use the Thor Gear Guards to protect the shrouds from Asterisk Knee Braces. For $6 they work like a charm. And they should be inside your pants, unless your one of those guys who wears socks with sandals :laugh:

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Chili said:
Don't know if they would work with the force knee guards but we use the Thor Gear Guards to protect the shrouds from Asterisk Knee Braces. For $6 they work like a charm. And they should be inside your pants, unless your one of those guys who wears socks with sandals :laugh:

Hmmm I never actually tried wearing them under my mx pants; I assumed they wouldn't fit. I will definitely try that now though :)

Hell if I can wear the damn things under my pants, then I can probably wear them while riding my banshee without hurting anything!

Do you guys also wear your arm guards under your jersey? I have fox raptor arm guards and I have been wearing them over my jersey rather than under it.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
mattb348 said:
Do you guys also wear your arm guards under your jersey? I have fox raptor arm guards and I have been wearing them over my jersey rather than under it.

under- i have fox raptor also

motoxbluedog

Feb 23, 2005
mattb348 said:
Hmmm I never actually tried wearing them under my mx pants; I assumed they wouldn't fit. I will definitely try that now though :)

Hell if I can wear the damn things under my pants, then I can probably wear them while riding my banshee without hurting anything!

Most people wear the guards underneath. That's why all the manufactuers put so much room in the knee area of the pants. (expanded panels etc)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Another vote for the Thor knee brace guards.. work great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom