motofreak24

Nov 20, 2003
first off mix your fuel between 32:1 and 40:1 no less than that. Next don't ride in terrain that is going to make the bike have to work ie: sand, mud,loose dirt, hills, this will cause your engine to rev high creating heat and heat is your worst enemy when breaking in a bike, so just take it easy ride on a hard surface and don't hold the throtle over half way to long for the first couple of rides. Also don't go out and ride all day with out stoping, take a break every little bit and let the bike cool off. Thats about it just keep the engine cool because if you don't you're going to be trying to get the melted piston out of your cylinder. After you run about two tanks of gas through the bike you can mix the gas at what ever ratio you you usualy do and ride hard.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Yea... basically what he said. Brand new, I do a few heat cycles. Meaning start the bike and warm it up easy for about 10 minutes, then let it cool all the way down. Do maybe three of those, and then just take it easy on it for the first ride or two. But the breakin doesn't need to be super elaborate. Mixing your first tank a little rich isn't a bad idea either. I'd say 24:1 would be more than enough oil.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I don't think you'd need to run two tanks either. By the time you run one tank of gas it should be already broken in. Do like the above post said, a couple heat cycles by just idling the bikes, and after that just do some 15 min rides, just working it through the gears and not opening the throttle all the way up. After each 15 min ride let it cool down completely. Don't forget to change your oil after break in, and go around and tighten nuts and bolts, especially your spokes!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom