bigdaddyadd

Apr 26, 2006
Hi guys hope someone can help me with what seems to be my obscure bike. I have a kdx250f, 91 I think. I used to have a kdx220r 97 bike which I had to give to my brother when the dh mountain bike of his, that I was borrowing, got nicked.
The new bike despite the bigger capacity makes nowhere near the same power only really doing anything in the higher rev range. It is fitted with a dep can not sure if this is with stock expansion chamber or not and no idea yet what reeds. Also juding by blackened plug I think it is running rich. Add to that fuel always leaks out of breather hose when on the side stand no matter what the tank level is. I guess I need to adjust the float level and the main jet but not really sure. I am something of a novice to dirt bikes and mechanicing.
Also suspension on my bike is very soft as a 16stone rider I use almost all the rear suspension just climbing on board. Add to that a leaking fork seal, despite having changed the seal, there seemed to be a washer missing from behind the seal from my limited recollection of how forks assemble. There doesn't seem to be any pitting of the chrome or visible damage.
Any help with any of these probs. would be gratefully recieved by this rookie as currently no cash available to just change bike!
Cheers Adam

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well try by first increasing some preload, you should have around 4 inches or some where close to that for your rear race sag. this should help you out in a big way.

bigdaddyadd

Apr 26, 2006
Thanks tried that it is better but still soft for my taste I think I just have to diet or get stronger springs and forks. Any ideas how to improve my carb problem. Yesterday set clip 1 above stock on main needle it was 1 below stock not tested it yet but still leaks fuel when on side stand. Very annoying!!

Top Bottom