S/a-

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
I need to get a new muffler for the ol' 87-kdx200, i know the one on there is not the original or even close to the correct one! (just another wrong part in a long list of things from previous owner) but i digress, Question is: what muffler would you suggest and still be able to bolt a fatty or gnarly to later on? I don't know much about the silencer part of the exhaust so i'm not sure what kind of result i'm looking for! Thanks----- :uh:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Any silencer originally intended for the bike should do. After market silencers are designed to duplicate the layout of the factory original silencer and the same it true for pipe. You should have no problems bolting up any pipe or silencer combination you choose as long as they were originally intended for the bike.

David

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
Yeah, Canadian Dave is right. If you're looking to bolt up a Fatty or Gnarly pipe to your bike after you get a muffler, then any brand should work (intended for bike). If FMF is what you want, then get the Power Core 2 silencer or the Turbine Core 2 or the Turbine Core 2 Q. These are all FMF silencers. But, a Pro Circuit, Dynoport, Bills, etc... should also fit unless said by manufacturer.

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
I wouldn't rely on your fatty pipe fitting corectly. FmF seems to have a problem with making there pipes fit . I purchased a Fatty for my 94, and we had to drill new holes in the brackets, bacause the original ones did not line up......not bad for a $350 pipe eh ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…