Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dear Motorcycle Enthusiast,

On September 1, 2001 a motocross park called Saddleback Motorsports Park was opened to the public in Orange County, CA. There has not been a facility of this type in Orange County since the closing of the famous Saddleback Park in 1984.

Today, September 5, 2001 the County of Orange has threatened to shut down the new MX facility. The park operated for 4 full days (Sept. 1-4, 2001) and averaged approximately 600 riders per day. This facility is in great demand and now operations have been suspended pending review of permits.

This is a CALL TO ACTION!

During the temporary closure please support our Motorsports Park by calling, sending letters, and emailing to the County Board of Supervisors at the following addresses (Please note Saddleback Motorsports Park is located in Supervisor Todd Spitzer's district):

Supervisor Todd Spitzer - Third District
Orange County Board of Supervisors
10 Civic Center Plaza Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone: 714.834.3330 Fax: 714.834.2786
email - todd.spitzer@ocgov.com

The OC Board of Supervisors are:

Charles Smith, First District
James Silva, Second District
Todd Spitzer, Third District
Cynthia Coad, Chairwoman, Fourth District
Tom Wilson, Fifth District

Please contact the board and voice your opinion as soon as possible.

If you are not a local resident please let the board know how you feel as every voice counts. Educate them on the benefits of a quality MX facility (family orientated, keeps kids off the street, exercise, drug free environment, etc..).

If you are involved in the MX industry let them know where your business is located (especially if located in Orange County) and how a facility of this type will help business and keep money and jobs in OC. Pass this along to other industry professionals. We need all the backing we can get.

Please see http://www.saddlebackmx.com for the latest details and news. Participate in the message board as well and post your positive comments and desire to have a track in OC.

Thanks and have a great day. Lets fight the fight!!

Jerid Johnson
Webmaster, www.SaddlebackMX.com

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Some people.

I don't think these people are so much anti-motorcycle as they are just plain anti-fun! They need to find a different hobby.

Done.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've sent my correspondence, hope it helps. Getting ready to ride down Civic Center Drive on my RM too!!

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks Okie.

They had a small clip on tv the other day, a few days before the track opened and the fishermen on Irvine lake were complaining about the noise. Mind you, this was BEFORE the track opened and they were complaining about the noise.

They interviewed the guy that runs the fishing boats and he thought it might be a good thing since he might get some business from the bike crowd.

This whole thing is getting so ridiculous.:think

Ol'89r

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I caught my first trout on that lake when I was a kid. Since then it's been abused and neglected, the surrounding areas graded, and homes built. Serene, peaceful and quiet it is NOT. PLUS -- they've only got the MX park opened two days -- and only one morning per week. Fishermen - like me -could dang well work around that!

As to the track -- I've offered to help if the partners like. So far all I've gotten is their form website response, but we'll see. I sent them some pointers anyway. Hope they get them.:think

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thanks Okie for the help on who to call./ email.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Thanks for posting this Okie. We need all the help we can get.

I have already sent my letter out. I even brought my scooter to work today thinking that I would be able to get a ride in after work. O'well looks like I'll just have to show up anyway and sign the petition to keep the park open.

Heywood

Feb 18, 2000
Thanks to Okie for posting this and everyone who has helped. A big thanks to Longtime for your offer of legal advice, you are the man!

I grew up riding at the old Saddleback. I was so pumped to hear that there was a track going in at the lake. I didn't go out there this weekend because of the crowds. I was going to go this week and the @#$^# County is got them shut down before I even had the chance to go. ARRRGGGG!

I can't see the business at the lake having a problem with the track, they probably had more traffic thru there last weekend than they have had in the last 17 yrs.

Hopefully we can band together and get them going again....

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
The partners at Saddleback have requested that people actually stop writing, calling and emailing at this point. It is all posted on their website at http://www.saddlebackmx.com

Hopefully they can get this problem resolved quickly. We need all the riding areas we can get around here.

SeanATK

Apr 26, 2000
Okie, can you edit the 1st post, so that it no longer instructs readers to call / write.... Apparently the OC Supervisors office has gotten the point and is getting annoyed. They seem willing to listen / help, but they won't be as useful, if they are pissed at us.

Top Bottom