Saddleback MX Park

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I met Bundy and Scott at the track yesterday after work for some fun but it didn't turn out to be all that fun in the end. We all rode the vet track for a while getting warmed up while the main track was getting groomed. After the kicked us off the vet track it was onto the main.

The track was in great shape with plenty of traction. My first lap was at a fairly slow pace. I noticed a few changes since my last visit there and liked it alot more than before. My second lap was a bit faster and I cleared all the jumps and doubles without a problem. I must admit that I did avoid the whoops. I just hate those things. On the third lap is when things fell apart. I over shot the double and landed flat with my front tire just stuffing into the start of the incline of what should have been the triple (I wasn't trying to make the triple because I know it's beyond my ability, I just over shot double). The bike bottomed out front and rear but I stayed on going up the next lip until the seat bounce and rebound took affect. Thats when me and the mighty CR went our separate ways. We both cleared the jump and once again landed in the flat but this time we were ten feet from each other (I went further that my scooter, hahaha). As soon as I hit the ground I rolled onto my knees and just stared at the ground until it stopped moving and the damn phone stopped ringing. A minute or two later I picked myself and my scooter up and headed for the pits.

Damage Report
Me - Left elbow is the size of a softball, left knee is the size of a 2 softballs and is very sore to walk on, road rash on the right arm and the worst is my left wrist. Fingers move fairly well but I can't move the wrist without pain. I can't even open or shut my truck door with that hand. If It doesn't get better soon I'm heading to the hospital.

My bike - Bent bars, broken brake lever, cracked throttle tube, torn grip, destroyed rear fender, tweaked mud guard for the rear rotor and of course the best for last................ a bent sub-frame! The left side of the sub-frame where the seat bolts into it is directly over the center off the rear tire. :eek:

So needless to say I'm out for a while. :whiner:

BTW - MJ27, the guy that got us all to got out to the track in the first place was a no show. What happen man?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Wow.... Sorry to hear about the crash.

You might to go get that wrist checked out. I experienced the same symptoms you have. My results were broken wrist and thumb which req'd pins to hold in place. I was stunned when they actually told me about the breaks.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Dang, I'm sorry to hear about the crash and injuries. I just barely tweaked my wrist in Dec., and it took months to heal. :eek: Time to go see a Doc.

Get well soon.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey, they don't call us the Wrecking Crew for nothin. :scream:

Bummer Tony, hope nothing is broken. :ugg:

Ol'89r

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
You should get to the hospital bud.

Last edited:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Sorry to hear about the crash Thumbs but glad to hear your melon doesn't seem to be effected.

Hope you don't do as I did last month after my concussion at Beaumont... I didn't get checked and have regretted it.

Get checked out and hopefully you won't be out too long.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Damn Tony from down the street - we have DirtWeek '02 coming up, try to be a little more careful man! Heal quickly and get some of SoCal crew to help put the CR back together.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Get checked out and heal up soon. I'm not to far from being able to ride again(dislocated elbow). Give us an update when you can.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Thats when me and the mighty CR went our separate ways.

you're not a heartland spode. you're not allowed to crash! :ugg:

B

biglou

Looks like we're gonna have to add a wheelchair racing event to the lineup of activities at DW. :(

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BigLou
Looks like we're gonna have to add a wheelchair racing event to the lineup of activities at DW. :(
Do they make knobbies for wheelchairs?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Damn Tony from down the street -
Eddie - Have read the Vendetta Defence?

Well, I think I'm going to be OK. Knee is just sore from the road rash that I got even though I was wearing knee guards. I have bruises every where but the wrist feels much better. Still sore but not painful like before. Hell, I was even able to open a jar of pickels yeaserday. :confused: I think I still might sneek out of the office today a get a few X-rays just in case.

Originally posted by mx547
you're not a heartland spode. you're not allowed to crash!
OK, I'll leave that up to you guys from now on, Thanks.

Thanks for the concern everyone. :)

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Tony,

You should have been at the river. A few 12 ounce curls followed by a good soaking in the cooler water would have been just the ticket. ;)

Glad to hear that nothing is broken. What about your bike, did you get a hold of Shirley?

Bundy

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Tony... Tony.... Tony... I've tried to tell you before that just cause you ride a Honda doesn't mean you can ride like RC.

Hope everything is one piece....

By the way... sorry to hear about your wallet..... casuse from the sounds of your bike it's going to be hurtin....

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Thumbsy, What's going on here? You NEVER crash! Not that I ever saw. You trying to spread the wealth (or pain as it were)? :|

How'd the x-ray's turn out? Make a quick recovery amigo & we'll see you soon.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by mxbundy
Tony,

You should have been at the river. A few 12 ounce curls followed by a good soaking in the cooler water would have been just the ticket. ;)
Bundy
I'm sorry I missed this one but you can count me in for the 16th & 17th. I'll be all healed up and doing two handed curls.

I went to see the Doctor yesterday and as it turns out I have a strained Pronator Quadrantus (some fancy words for wrist ligaments or muscels) , a pulled Trapezius (muscel from neck to mid back) and apparently I broke my middle finger. :eek: I have no pain in the finger so the Dr. thinks it may have happen a while ago. Says it looks like it's healing just fine. That's nice to know since I never knew that I broke it in the first place. :confused:

Rex - I have not checked into getting my bike fixed yet but if you have any ideas that will put less stress on my wallet I'm all ears.

Jack - I guess it even happens to the best of us. ;)

Bundy- Call me regarding this weekend if you still need pit help.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Glad to hear things aren't as bad as it first sounded. I have personally seen Tony crash three or four times, but never hard like this! I hope you heal up well and quickly! :confused:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Tony,

Thanks for the offer of pit help, glad you can make it. you`ll be riding again soon enough.
Saw a new 03 200 at Malcolm Smiths today! :cool: Had Thumbs written all over it!

Bundy

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Thumbs,

I haven't been to the ride reports area for awhile and just noticed your crash report. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you're on the road to recovery and getting your bike back in order. My neighbor went there sometime ago and also endo'd it.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Georgedontcallmefred - The wrist is still not well but I hope to be 100% before my departure to Dirtweek. The bike has been untouched due to lack of time and injury.

How are the twins?

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
One day I hope to make a DW. Damn I'm jealous of anyone that's going. :whiner: I can't wait to read all the great stories.

Twins are doing well. Mom and Dad are pretty beat though. They're just getting to the point where they're curiosity is really making them want to crawl and get into things. :scream: We're starting to baby proof the house. I'm wondering if anyone can actually baby proof a house. I'm thinking of building a rubber room especially for each of them. There's probably laws against that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…