DuBz

Apr 8, 2008
I recently started riding through some mud, with 4-5 inch deep water. I had a very hard time going through it, and I wiped out twice xD Also, I am looking into riding into a local track where there is tons of sand.

I'm not asking for alot, as I am pretty experienced. Just how fast I should be going consistently. Thanks :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
What kind of tires do you have on your bike?

Could be that they are for intermediate to hard surfaces? If so they won't do so well in
sand/mud.

Look at getting something more suited to the conditions.

DuBz

Apr 8, 2008
IndyMX said:
What kind of tires do you have on your bike?

Could be that they are for intermediate to hard surfaces? If so they won't do so well in
sand/mud.

Look at getting something more suited to the conditions.
70/100-19 Front tire (Dunlop) and 90/100-16 (Dunlop) the front tire says "Motocross-16" or something like that as well.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
DuBz said:
70/100-19 Front tire (Dunlop) and 90/100-16 (Dunlop) the front tire says "Motocross-16" or something like that as well.

Well friend,

Based on your answer to INDY about what kind of tires your running the "I'm pretty experienced" comment is a bit weak.

Get forward on the tank for corners and back on the seat when coming out of turns in the mud or sand.

Run a set of tires with tall wide spaced knobbies for the sand too. Since you're running Dunlops consider a 756 on both ends.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
BigRedAF said:
Get forward on the tank for corners
In sand/mud, not really.
Keep the front end light (weight to the rear). Sand and mud tires. Keep up your momentum (long sweeping turns). Not much front brake (if any at all). The idea is to let the front end float or wander some (no death grip). Sitting on the rear of the seat, or being reward while standing puts more weight on the rear tire for "drive".

DuBz

Apr 8, 2008
IndyMX said:
That really doesn't tell me much...
Haha, I bought this bike with these tires used on it... its not like I got them new. I just got all the info I could on these tires. It seems that they aren't for the conditions I am using them for, though

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Dunlop tires generally will have the Model Number on the sides.. Say D756 or something like that..

If you were to give that, we might be able to help you a little better.

DuBz

Apr 8, 2008
IndyMX said:
Dunlop tires generally will have the Model Number on the sides.. Say D756 or something like that..

If you were to give that, we might be able to help you a little better.
I ran outside and got what I could man xD

I'll give it a check tomorrow. I know they aren't the 756's... the knobs are equally spread apart on the tire, about a half inch.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
In sand/mud, not really.
Keep the front end light (weight to the rear). Sand and mud tires. Keep up your momentum (long sweeping turns). Not much front brake (if any at all). The idea is to let the front end float or wander some (no death grip). Sitting on the rear of the seat, or being reward while standing puts more weight on the rear tire for "drive".

We will have to agree to disagree. I have a ton of sand and mud riding experience. Perhaps I should have dedicated more than a quick one liner to the youngster.

I still say get forward for the corners or your front end will plow. Long sweeping corners are a different animal and WFO works great with a two wheel drift.

Front brake? Got to us it or I'll go right by while your coasting :nener:

Top Bottom