agd123

Aug 18, 2006
i need any help on riding in sand thanks a lot guys oyea i am nott going to get paddels becuase where i ride there is sand trails mud and water and i see a ton of guys there with stock tires on

BSer

May 1, 2001
I was riding a sand track yesterday, really deep stuff with a lot of ruts. I've always had a problem with the front diving and knifing whenever you get a little out of shape or have to back off the gas. I always felt like I was trying to pull the front of the bike up (carrying my weight far back) so that it would plane out better, this always led to arm fatigue/pump. Finally, yesterday I cranked the compression damping all the way up on my forks and cranked the rebound damping all the way off....wow, what a difference!! The front stayed up in the top part of the travel all the time and planed out much easier. After awhile I then cranked up the compression damping on the rear, that also seemed to help. I can't wait to continue this tweaking. The front did seem to want to wash out a bit if you didn't have the front wheel on a berm so I'm thinking I might decrease the rebound on the back some to get the steering geometry back into line...we'll see.

elliot-cr133

Uhhh...
Jul 4, 2006
i've had not rouble in the sand. just keep the tire straight, try as hard as you can to stay off the brakes, and keep it low gears and lots of throttle.

RMshift03

Aug 23, 2006
I used to absolutly suck in the sand. When you start going slow to avoid messing up and falling, that's when you mess up. Just try to stay at a consistent speed, not going crazy but not slugging around.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom