tnutcher

Jan 10, 2008
Going to the dunes this weekend any good tips to prep the bike for the sand?

I got my paddle and whip flag and a new oiled air filter with lots of sealing grease on the flange, any other tips??
Thanks,
TNutcher :ride:

SIXSIXZERO

Mar 10, 2008
gear up, deep sand bogs the hell out of your bike. if you normally run a 49tooth, run a 50. also if its 2 stroke, mix a tad rich,cuz you will be revving your bike out more in the sand. dont know your normal jetting, but you may have to tune that in a tad diff for the sand. last but not least, take it easy at first, riding on a paddle is TOTALLY different than the dirt your used to. its also not a bad idea to put tape over the side holes on your airbox (less chance of getting sand in the box), and make sure your chain is lubed up real good.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
so are you going easter weekend? Which dunes are you headed to?

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I like to buy a few sets of cheap pantie-hose and use them as a pre-filter wrapped around my filter, then every few hours I'll take it off and put a new wrap on. I usually make a double layer around the filter, and one cut to fit pair will work for about 2 rounds. It's a cheap way of keeping your filter as fresh as possible when riding in the sand, and you would be surprised with how well it actually works.

Top Bottom