CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Well, I sold my KDX last night and picked up my new 2001 300 EXC from Tennessee Thumper this afternoon. All I can say is WOW :eek: What a strong bike. I intend to ride the crap out of it tomorrow to really test it out. I only have about 3 minutes of seat time so far and I can already tell its the bomb.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Congrats!

I responded to your thread in the "Green Area" although it's startin to resemble DRN's very own "Area 51" or "Skunk Works" now adays because of everyone wanting to turn their KDX's in to MX bikes or something akin to what AJ produces....LOL

I hope you like the new pumpkin because thanks to Lou I am ruined, I have Orange on the brain and my heart is set om a 250EXC.

Best of Luck,

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
I have Orange on the brain and my heart is set om a 250EXC. 

Irish;
I love my 250exc :yeehaw:   I still catch myself standing and starring at it in the garage, dreaming of the next ride :) .

CMcCarthy:  Hope you enjoy the new KTM as much as I am mine.  I too came off a KDX.

Lew

greeneb

Jan 15, 2000
Hey man... it ain't just displacement...although that does help. :) :) The best thing is the much, much better suspension.... you will see. :)

Has it been jetted properly?? I'm sure I will see it pretty soon.

Eric

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by greeneb

Has it been jetted properly?? I'm sure I will see it pretty soon.

Eric [/B]
The jetting was perfect (for me) when I last rode the bike in warmer weather.After taking it for a last spin yesterday I knew that the jetting had headed South with this cold weather.I think the air screw needs to be adjusted.

178 m
45p
N3EJ #2
6.5 slide

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by CMcCarthy
Well, I sold my KDX last night and picked up my new 2001 300 EXC from Tennessee Thumper this afternoon.

Charles, I think you'll really enjoy the bike,especially after you get some good seat time. :thumb: If I wasn't SOOOO used to riding 4stroke's I wouldn't have sold it.

By the way,Charles (CMcCarthy) is a really nice guy and he drives a wicked looking Mustang. :cool:

I sure hope going to the 450EXC isn't a mistake. :eek:

Last edited:

ktmzak

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 2002
here's to hoping that you enjoy yours as much as i've enjoyed mine...

and Thumper...BTW, the 450 is not a mistake, you will love it....

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Lew

Irish;
I love my 250exc :yeehaw:   I still catch myself standing and starring at it in the garage, dreaming of the next ride :) .

CMcCarthy:  Hope you enjoy the new KTM as much as I am mine.  I too came off a KDX.

Lew

And I thought I had it on the brain! :scream: :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom