KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
Australia no longer get the KDX range of Kawasaki's, now what do i get, there are so many bikes to chose from but it hard to find a bike with all the pro's of a KDX200/220. I currently have a 98KDX200 and it's a fantastic bike, but what could I replace her with if she was damaged beyond repair or stolen, im not into the 125 or 250 MX's just don't suit my situation, new generation 4 strokes are great but expensive, iv ridden a 01 YZF250 and it was ok but I still prefer mine. As you all no it's not just about how the bike performs it's reliablility, repair costs etc....I read local dirt bike mags every month and nothing seems to compare to the KDX.....sure there are plenty of bikes that are better over all performance wise but associated costs and repairs are high............so my question to you is if you "lost" you KDX some how and were unable to by a new or even a 2nd hand KDX what would you look at?

:coocoo:

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
The question is........When will be the last year for the KDX? Other things to consider, will used KDXs' be worth more or less. For example, let's say 2007 will be the last year of the KDX, will it collect dust on the showroom floor or will dealers be getting full retail and in turn, up the value of our KDXs'? Also, do you think Kawasaki will just stop production and act as though the KDX never existed or do you think Kawasaki will celerbrate with a last edition surprise. Oh well, wishful thinking. Let's face it, KDXs' will never die, they will just fade away.

layoutd

May 17, 2004
they will probably do like honday and add an X or some other letter to the end of the new kxf250 and let that be an enduro bike. although honda actually made some differences between the crf###r and crf###x. the new kxfs look kinda nice too, aluminium frame etc. alas no two stroke though

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
I hear the KX 250 2003 makes a good woods bike.
Flywheel weight, lighting coil, stock pipe, softer valving.

After all the mods you will still be way below the cost of ktm exc 250.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
There are plenty of 2nd hand KDX's around for as little as $1500 for a H model. I know you said "if" there aren't any around but thats something we won't have to worry about anytime soon, there are hundreds of KDX's around.

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
so no one really knows what they would get, I work in a KTM dealer for 6weeks work experience and they seem to have a lot of reliability issues, heaps of new one breaking down, and with expensive and fairly high maintaince for 2 stroke models. I agree when they run right they are great bikes just not something I would spend money on. I imagine I will go four stroke one day........but where do you start with them...all have pros and cons and most of the cons a dam expensive cons. OOHHH well.......................maybe I will just keep looking after my baby and still be riding her in 10-15yrs or until 2 strokes are banned :yikes:

Goto love the KDX.........anything else in a compromise....she suit my riding, my life style and my surroundings perfectly.......thanks for your responce but seriously have a think about it ........what if they were to disappear nextweek and you weren't aloud to ride yours anymore :blah:

Top Bottom