LVDirtJunky

Aug 8, 2006
I was just curious what the 200$ difference is, Durability? I am in the market and all my buddys tell me to get a Scott but they never used the GPR and still rag on it. I would like to know from the users what is the biggest difference between the 2.

Thanks

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
GPR - lifetime warranty, low speed damping is adjustable
Scotts - high speed damping is adjustable, low speed damping is adjustable, range (sweep) of damping is adjustable

LVDirtJunky

Aug 8, 2006
so does that mean that at hight speeds the GPR dampner is ineffective? Or, just not adjustable.

Also, Would anyone say that having one would make you a better rider at the slightest? Just curious.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
My Scotts made me a better rider because of more stability: therefore, more confidence. For trail riding, I'm sorry I waited so long to buy. After getting used to it, and then riding another bike without a stabilizer, a new-found appreciation for how much better a bike will track with the stabilizer. They are especially helpful for controlling deflection from roots, rocks, and ruts on the trail. On the track, I turn the damping down a bit, but let it damp some to help keep the bike straight in rough sections.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
They're all good but ask anyone who's had them all on any forum and the Scotts is the best. You pay more for a reason, and the reason is additional adjustability. I was going down a GPR path for the lifetime rebuilds but then talked to people who'd had both and bought a Scotts. Besides, it's a long term investment since you can move it from bike to bike. I think of it as safety equipment in the roots and rocks...even though it isn't cheap, it's probably cheaper than the deductible on an ER visit.

Hawk45

Feb 21, 2003
Where is the best place to mount? I would prefer on the handlebars as out of the way of logs/trees/branches/humans/cows/etc when riding.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I like mine over my front fender. Doesnt affect handlebar height/brand/crossbar or bar pad...more importantly...I wont hit my face on it.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The Scotts is probably the best damper on the market, though I'd also take a look at the Elka damper. One of my friends has one and it's every bit as good as the Scotts, maybe even better.

hilander

Feb 1, 2011
Do not buy GPR no matter what. They are liars and bozos. There word is no good. After a 4 week wait they sent me the wrong one. I called and they said they would overnight one to me. After waiting around all day they call and tell me they sent it 3 day. Screw them...my bike is apart now. There word is no good and there product isn't either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom