scotts steering stabalizer

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
with the KDX's short wheel base will the SSS help with head shake?

and what about woods trail junk like rocks, roots etc. ?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
a damper is a beauty thing .scotts on my kdx ,wer on my klx.it saved my bacon more than once i'm certain of that ! it helps u on all u mentioned ,not a cure all or anticrash device. some set it and forget it but i set it diff for high speed head shake than woods/trails. the wer i leave alone ....why ??? just works for me that way

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
does the scotts have low speed and high speed settings?

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
thanks gooby

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
no prob ,u'll like it .seems to give u that chance to recover from the jolt of a rock u didn't see.like i said on mine i dial more damping for the straight open stuff where u unleash it.however that seemed like too much res and fought me when turning l-r over hill n dale too much res in the twisties wears u out so i back er off some .u can bury it all the way in and just about lock up the bars.i spent an hr one day messin w it good luck

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
just a little question? which one does the endro riders prefer? does the scott get in the way with the roll chart or the trip puter? over the wer?

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
thanks for even more info gooby

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
You know, I wondered if I need a SS on my Kdx 250. The bike is a virtual gyroscope in that it always wants to stay upright... I've never had a bike like it. My riding is combination of tight woods plus high-speed rocky (not stony) roads. Should I consider one? What am I missing?

I've never experienced headshake with it, unlike my Honda and Yamahas.

(The KDX is seven feet long, no doubt helping the stability).

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
70 marlin i'm not a racer but when i got my kdx ,preowned it had a count dn box and an ico enduro comp on it .all fit nicely with the scotts no prob.bruce i never rode w a damper till my kdx came w one.....i bought one for my other bike,a wer which is also a fab unit does that answer ur question? :)

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
fabricated???

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
sorry i ment..... fabulous u know ,great,awesome ,i'm happy with the wer as well

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…