scrachy noise in the engine when im riding..any help??

Apr 5, 2007
when ever i go on my dirt bike for a ride the first hour or so of my ride is fine but then a "scarchy" nosie comes and it is loud and clear for everyone to hear my dad even stoped me once (and he was on an ATV) when we were riding and he said he herd a noise from my bike...thats a bit too loud... at first i thought it was no problem and it was nomal but as this season has gone on it has gotten worse..i have a 06' CRF150F if that makes a difference and all i can say is..PLEASE help,..any would be greatly apperciated

Thanks

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
To check the obvious first, oil level, brakes, chain tension and chain sliders & guides. I have never heard a "scrachy" sound before on a bike. Cam chain maybe? I bought my girlfriend a crf150f and it makes no sounds at all, you can hardley hear it idle. You may want to put it on a stand and run it through the gears and listed carefully.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I don't know if this will help, but my honda streetbike has a simliar weird sound. Most people explain it as putting a bunch of ball bearings in a coffee can and shaking it.

It's a common issue with honda streetbikes and it is cause by the cam chain tensioner. If your bike sounds anything like described above, I would start looking at the cam chain.

Top Bottom