JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
Are any of you guys using an sdg tall seat? If so, what do you think of it? About how much taller than stock is it? I thought I read somewhere once that they really were not too much taller than stock seats. If anyone has any info for me I would greatly appreciate it.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I put one on my cr this year and would say that looking at it is about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch taller. but the diffrence in padding is a world of diffrence! the seat also does not collapse as much under my wieght so even thought the seat hieght is not that much diffrent when I am actually sitting on the sit I bet I an sitting an inch to inch and half taller sitting down. I noticed a big diffrence with mine.

trevor9a

Oct 25, 2005
I went with GUTS. It may be an inch taller. One more trick is to go with a 3 gallon IMS tank. It's taller so you add another half inch to the seat height. The medium density foam is supposed to be like stock but it is softer.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Here's an 06 CRF450 with the tall SDG seat, and the stocker on top. I would say the SDG is maybe 3/4"-1" taller in the center of the seat (flatter than the stocker), not a huge difference, but noticeable.

Attachments

• 100_2736s.JPG
    100_2736s.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,291

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
Thanks for the pic nikki. I don't know if I am keeping my yz125 or not, but if I do I have to do something to make this bike more comfortable for me. I feel like I am riding an 85.

Top Bottom