Searched enough for one day...please comment..

doogiebares

Apr 9, 2005
I have a 1994 YZ250. I just did a top end and went back in with Boysen Pro Series reeds. Other than the Weisco standard piston, my bike is stock. (except the FMF TurbinCore2 sparky) I have decided to install a pipe to pep up my ride.

Here is the help I need. FMF Fatty, Gnarly or Pro Circuit Platinum.

I ride in the AZ desert. Mostly trails and gravel pits. I think I want the low and mid performance increases. Top end is fine as well, but I don't ride wide open in 5th gear often for more than a few moments at a time. I just like to climb and the dry stream beds.

If you had my setup, which would you get?

Thanks much for YOUR input.

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
Just FYI - i and others have found FMF products claim to fit a certain model but just dont quite work. I got a PC silencer and it didnt quite fit perfectly so i ended up spending more time than what i wanted to. I definately am not going to purchase new FMF products for this reason. For the price, FMF should care a bit more.

U could search and see other peoples comments about FMF

And if you still want to get a FMF pipe - watch E*bay carefully

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I liked the fmf gnarly pipe only becuase it tends to hold up better when you drop the bike. If you bought the bike used double check the timing a lot of people retard the ignition on those bikes to gain top end and use pump gas , if need be go back to stock timing you will need good quality fuel though. If you use pump gas think about running a race fuel and you can jet a lot cleaner/crisper with out fear of detonation from the stock head set up.

The fmf pipes fit ok but you have to remove one of the powervalve cover bolts to get the pipe in between to frame rails for the exhaust port and then when the pipe is loosely flopped in there you can put the bolt back in. atleast mine was that way

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The FMF stuff fits really poor on the oldey YZ. I cannot comment on the 94 exactly, but the 97 and 98 pipes are very poor fitting.

After I complained, some of the people who had been here longer told me FMF stands for "Fit-MOTHER@@@@@@-Fit!"

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…