mighz1350

Oct 29, 2007
Hey guys I just got my new foam and dont have a clue on how to install this on my seat...I mean removing the old cover, remove the old foam, install new foam on mountings, and install new cover...does anyone here have any suggestions???? thanks in advance...

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The procedure that I use is to remove the old cover and foam and take a wire brush and clean the foam from the seat base where it is glued on. Then, take some 3-M contact spray (available at your local hardware store or fabric store) and spray a couple of coats on the seat base and on the foam. Wait a few minutes and then 'carefully' place the foam on the seat base. Be sure to get it on straight since the contact cement will only give you one chance. It is not necessary to glue the foam to the seat base but it makes it easier to recover the seat and keeps the foam from moving around if you do glue it down.

Soak your seat cover in hot water and then starting from the front of the seat, stretch the cover over the foam and base and using a heavy duty staple gun, staple the cover to the underside of the base. Take it slow and work the wrinkles out as you go. When the cover dries, it will shrink and the small wrinkles will go away. Be sure to use the same size and length staples as the stock ones. If you have wrinkles after you are done, remove the staples in that area and work the wrinkles out and re-staple.

Good luck. :cool:

Top Bottom