Seat Cover Wanted

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Any KX500 89 or newer will work for the 89-94 KDX's. E-B-A-Y has a some nice gripper seat covers from xtreme-cycle. Search for KX500 seat cover and they'll pop right up.

-Maurice

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
A KX500 seat cover works, maybe not perfect or maybe it was just me ;)

It took me 5 or 6 tries before I was satisfied :bang:
I never did get it to suck up to the valley, but maybe the 12 year old dried up and crackly seat foam had a lil' to do with that

Next time I try it I'm gonna invest in an air stapler! :clue:

Dan Dennis

Oct 17, 2003
Thanks for the reply but the KX 500 seat cover is too small in length & too short in the front sides,
I already tried two different brands.

Dan

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Dan Dennis said:
Thanks for the reply but the KX 500 seat cover is too small in length & too short in the front sides,
I already tried two different brands.

Dan

I bought a Ceet gripper cover, and while it looked like it would never fit, it did, it just takes a heckuva lot of stretching!

An extra pair of hands would help I think

Make sure you get the cover nice and warm, like sitting it out in the sun

Dan Dennis

Oct 17, 2003
I tried Ceet & Factory Effects and both were too small, I even trimmed the foam & base some but no luck. Thats why I ride a KTM now & the KDX is a buddy bike, the KDX parts are getting harder to find for the older pre 95 models.

Dan

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I tried Ceet & Factory Effects and both were too small, I even trimmed the foam & base some but no luck. Thats why I ride a KTM now & the KDX is a buddy bike, the KDX parts are getting harder to find for the older pre 95 models.

Oh well...

It will fit, as I and others here have done it

I don't have any trouble finding parts for mine but I could use some help with finding some $MONEY$ to pay for them! ;)

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I bought mine from GUTS racing... the flamer grippe with TALLER STIFFER seat foam. An dmine fit perfect. it was nice and big. The cover was a little stiff when I first got it and when I put it on, btu that was because of the winter. heat it with a blowdryer, and that will help a lot.

Good luck

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…