Selective Censorship

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Joined
Jul 31, 1999
Messages
216
Likes
0
Location
95336
#1
Ever notice that if an episode on TV is classified as a "Documentry" the entire family gets to see full-frontal nudity of the SA Indians or African tribes going about their daily routines. But let a man (of any colour) streak a baseball game or woman(over the age of 12) drop her bikini top at a beach party and we are treated to the latest in hi-tech computerized camo. Who makes these decisions anyway? :confused: Probably the same people that selected the photos for National Geographic's of old. I'm all for the 'camo' but it should be applied to every bare breast and penis or none irregardless of it's filming location or subject matter.:think Well that's my $.02 (Oh BTW, my 4yr old granddaughter brought this to my attention...:eek: )
I have to go watch the Travel Channel now...the TOP TEN party places is coming on...or E!'s Wild On... blah blah blah:p
 
Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
Joined
May 5, 2000
Messages
4,008
Likes
0
#2
The Naked Truth

It's all a matter of context.:)
 

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Joined
Nov 25, 1999
Messages
7,893
Likes
20
#3
WATCH OUT!

DD I'm with you on this one but this topic could go south FAST. Members should show some restraint in replying to this thread.:eek: :think
 

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Joined
Aug 2, 2000
Messages
13,511
Likes
19
#4
Re: WATCH OUT!

Originally posted by BSWIFT
Members should show some restraint in replying to this thread.:eek: :think
You talkin' to me?:confused: (kidding!)

I'm with you Dirty, you gotta keep a close eye on those Discovery channels and National Geo-graphic shows.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
3,043
Likes
5
#5
When I was a kid, all I had was National Geographic (the magazine). I thought all nekkid women had...oh wait, this would be a good time to restrain myself.:)
 
Joined
Mar 15, 2001
Messages
182
Likes
0
#7
Has anyone else seen the "educational" show about the tribe that (restraining self) has a VERY alternative use for bamboo (as opposed to a fig leaf)? My wife and I just sat watching in disbelief...

And I thought suspending a wet bath towel was impressive...

We are talking about people that still run through the jungle chasing after game they have wounded with crudely made spears!

...and mom said don't run with a scissors in your hand!
 

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
Joined
Feb 9, 2000
Messages
2,450
Likes
1
#8
Lets face it, Americans are prudes. In South Africa, OZ, or the UK, a streaker at a cricket match is seen as great fun, and part of the show. Here you get beaten up, arrested, and thrown in jail for the same offense. I can remember shrieks and howls of laughter at these events, no one it seems was offended.

I have more trouble watching the Showtime channel here in the USA than with anything else. Pornography seems acceptable, but not naturalism or nudism, makes no sense to me.

I like the idea of no censorship on the discovery or national geographic exposes, as this is how people live. In South Africa the young girls dance topless for the Zulu King, no one seems to mind at all ;)
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
3,043
Likes
5
#9
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Lets face it, Americans are prudes
:) I think most Americans are not prudes. But for some inexplicable reason most Americans are afraid of offending the prudes.:)
 
Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Joined
Aug 2, 2000
Messages
13,511
Likes
19
#10
Don't seem to be too many prudes on these here boards! :p
 
Joined
Feb 4, 2001
Messages
252
Likes
0
#11
I would have to agree with Dirty Dave. A few months back I watched a medical program about cosmetic surgery. In the program they showed both a breast reduction and breast implant procedure. When the women who wanted the reduction showed her friend what they were going to do to her breast they blurred the picture, but in the next frame the doctor was doing a pre-surgery review for the camera and there they were clear as day. :eek:
Also I think it is ridicules that they edit colorful words in songs and videos. They don't play the f-word, but the edited sound is almost exactly the same. We all know what they said, so what did they save us from? The crudeness of our culture shines through the best efforts of censorship.
:think
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
349
Likes
0
#12
OH yes

Originally posted by BunduBasher
Lets face it, Americans are prudes. In South Africa, OZ, or the UK, a streaker at a cricket match is seen as great fun, and part of the show. Here you get beaten up, arrested, and thrown in jail for the same offense. I can remember shrieks and howls of laughter at these events, no one it seems was offended.

I have more trouble watching the Showtime channel here in the USA than with anything else. Pornography seems acceptable, but not naturalism or nudism, makes no sense to me.

I like the idea of no censorship on the discovery or national geographic exposes, as this is how people live. In South Africa the young girls dance topless for the Zulu King, no one seems to mind at all ;)


But yet Clinton cannot share a cigar with his inturn
 

KLX4smoke

Lifetime Sponsor
Joined
May 16, 2001
Messages
159
Likes
0
#13
Well, I agree with you Bundubasher. Many people in this country are so caught up in their guilt about sexuality that they freak out every time they see.edited by moderator*********************************** Vintage dirt made a good point, it's not the majority here just a very vocal minority.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
3,043
Likes
5
#14
Originally posted by KLX4smoke
Vintage dirt made a good point, it's not the majority here just a very vocal minority.
Maybe so. But, my non paritisan point won't get this thread closed.:)