sent my 04 YZ 250 cylinder to ALBA Racing today, woohoo!

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
on my 04 yz 250 I melted the exaust side of my piston drag racing up a big snad dune in Dumont California, so, everytime you break something is a reason to upgrade right??? Yesterday i ordered my FMF fatty pipe, and today i sent my head and cylinder to ALBA, for a port and polish, vforce reeds, and getting my forged piston through them too. I was going to use Eric Gorr, becuase i hear all good things about him, but a friend of mine knows a high-up guy at ALBA that is doing this stuff for me for dirt cheap. so i had to go the econimy route, but it will be an equally good job as something eric would do. so im excited, should have a TON more power now, cant wait to line up next to that crf 450 again. Anyone think that i can beat him with these mods? (his bike is stock and walked away from my yz 250 last time we raced when i blew mine up)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Anyone think that i can beat him with these mods?

Prolly not. In sand, torque is where it's at, and you won't have enough. My .02 YZ165

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
I think drag racing is all technique, because I beat many CRF450's in a sand drag with my 04 YZ250, and I had some beat me as well. What increase of the powerband you getting it ported for?? im just wonderin....

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
got my bike fixed, much faster now!!!

You may have seen my thread about blowing my 2004 z 250 up at dumont sand dunes. well, finally all the parts got in and the cylendar got ported. ALBA Racing did the port and polish job, they did the same one the yamaha factory riders are using in the ama, milled the head, got a fmf fatty pipe (stocker was dented), new silencer packing, one tooth bigger rear sprocket, stock front sprocket, new chain, new fork seals, new levers and barkbusters. Went for a ride today, it was AWSOME, felt like a brand new bike. i was just excite and wanted to tell someone, thanks for listening. :ride:

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
as soon as i get back out to dumont to race comp. hill, that crf450 is the first bike im looking for. and the banshees that are hacked up with extended swingarms. they usually get beat by bikes, its hilarious, the banshees can only be driven to the hill, raced up and driven back, no jumping dunes, no high speed cornering, and then a bike comes up and walks away from it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…