Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Ivan, Gomer,

We were just reminicing about SER in a thread the other day.  When, all of a sudden, I saw the initials SER on a post today.  It's in the Dual sport forum.

SER made his 3rd post today on DRN  AND, he lives in Crystal Lake!  He probably lives around the corner from Okie!  :)

Apparently, he sold the Dreamcycle.  It's good to have him here.  We should give him a warm welcom.  I'm going to reply to his post now.

Just thought you guys would find it interesting that A#1 is no on board.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I remember listening to stories about A#1 at the Suthin Spodefest '00. Never met him or anything but I remember the A#1 part, he was an A#1 no show.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Solo,

Apparently, he showed only for the last day, and at the place where the trail riding was supposed to take place.  I wasn't there, but I heard that most people bailed on going to the trail riding place on the last day, but the few that did, actually got to meet SER.  And, he rode the dreamcycle through the tight stuff pretty quickly...so I heard.  I think Gomer and Ivan know the whole story.

I think Ivan saw him at some enduro races too.  But yeah, there's been a lot of talk about A#1 and his alledged sponsorship from A-1 steak sauce.  ;)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Cal, SER is Steven Eric Romer, he was famous and had quite the following back on RMD in the mid 90s.  Every post he made suggested that his bike, a '94 XR650L was the ultimate bike for everything.  Want to race GNCCs?  Get an XR650L...National MX?  650L  You get the point.

He also posted stories about dressing up like Yoda, or was it Jawas, and setting up his XR to look like a speeder bike and riding it to a Star Wars premiere.

All in all, he's a nice guy and everyone had fun with his posts.

Oh, his sig line refers to himself as A#1 in the world.  Name of his bike was the "Dreamcycle"

I'm not making this up.  :scream:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I was wondering what happened to him!!! :flame:

He told some great stories..

You forgot to mention, SER is a brain scientist! ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
SER I believe actually does have a PHD in some brain stuff type of thing. Not psychology but the actual brain functions.

I have ridden with him. He is cool but he is out there. Even his brother says he is out there :) His brother is a great guy too... I hate that he moved to Maryland :(

I am going to have to keep following SER's moves on DRN. I have to start rattling his cage :p

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Timr

Oh, his sig line refers to himself as A#1 in the world.  Name of his bike was the "Dreamcycle"

I'm not making this up.  :scream:

Remeber when he said he got a racing sponsorship from A-1? Now that was a hilarious thread!! He sure can come up with some stuff.

When I rode with him he HONEST TO GOD had a YODA doll head on his front fender!!! He had me cracking up the entire trip.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
SER is an honest-to-god, full-fledged, five-alarm, card-carrying, double-extra-long-sleeve-wearing, OH-MY-GOD-How-much-acid-did-he-have-to-do fruitloop. A nice enough guy, but a fruitloop!

Ivan, I think he worked night shift at a Fed-Ex transfer facility.

Honestly, I couldn't read too much of his stuff...waay out there, but he was fun in person. And, yes, he did ride the dreamcycle decently.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Ivan, I think he worked night shift at a Fed-Ex transfer facility.

That much we know is true about the guy :) However, according to SER he was studying to get his doctorate. Brain stuff or whatever... some of his explanations on how dirtbiking was good for the brain were very amusing.

Ivan

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
feeling like
those tribesmen who sharpen their teeth with files into fierce-looking
little needle points for battle!!
:silly:

THE ONLY WAY I FINISHED WITHOUT DYING WAS THROUGH THE COURAGE INSPIRED
BY MY BEAUTIFUL DREAM CYCLE!! Every time I felt like laying down in
the woods so lovely dark and deep, my dream cycle would say LOOK AT
ME! I'm beautiful!
:scream:

Remember that scene in star wars where Luke meets a monster in an ice
cave? It was like that--and my bike was the light saber.

:yeehaw:

OHMAHGOD, is this guy for real?

B

biglou

LMAO! How did I miss this one?! I saw "SER" and Timr, and thought, "SouthEast Racing" or something! So, from what Gomer says, he should fit right in? :eek: ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Carefull. SER is like a stray cat. If you feed his dimentia he'll never go away. :)

B

biglou

The XR650L also goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds on the
street. NICE. Is that enough power for you? This bike is the
ROCKINEST, MOST MANLY to ride, Most BEAUTIFUL, CUTEst, and
sexually ATTRACTIVE bike out there! It is the only true chick-magnet
dual sport. Only one problem--you will be more interested in this bike
than girls. It is THAT good!

wait!, youre not a GIRL are you? If you are, just go ahead and buy
any other dual sport with my apologies.

Steve A-#1 rider in the world
94 XR650L DREAM CYCLE
Alrighty then... "Sir, step a-waaay from the motorcycle."

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i like this guy. it ussually takes half a bottle of scotch, 10 ice beers and a handfull of cold meds before i reach that level. i am, ofcourse assuming that he is sober when he posts this stuf. magnifico, true genious.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I can only go by what his brother has told me and what I have seen the one time I rode with him but he is pretty much like that completely sober.

SFC Crash, for some reason I figured you and him would be kindred spirits :)

Ivan

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
if he posts about himself in the 3rd person then the deal is sealed. not unlike some one i met at DW02..who spoke eloquently about himself, in my presence, using the 3rd person. the bundster.

Top Bottom