Wyoming Kate

Nov 17, 2007
I would like some input/feedback from anyone who has rode &/or owns a SH 250 Jr X. My hubby and I are considering it for my next bike.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Kate no experience with one but from what I have heard about anything AJ makes it is a great bike especially for a women rider.
Keep on eye on this thread also it should soon have some outstanding input if AJ can contact the user he is thinking about
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=158415

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I've ridden one at Fox Valley Offroad and it's an awesome bike! I only did some laps on the MX track, but really wish I took it into the trails, because that's where I think the JR would have really shined for me. I'm 5'6" (on a good day), and have been racing 250F's for the past 5 years (also spent 4 years on 125's and 1 year on 80's). On the MX track, I did find the size of the bike to feel small compared to what I'm used to, but the bike was amazing in the corners! A lot lighter and smaller in the air than a 250F so it just felt different. If I hadn't been on a big bike for so long, I think it would have been even better, as the power was solig, and I could actually touch the ground and lay it over in the turns! Again, I wish I took it in the woods, because I've tried a few HS races on a 250F, and would much prefer a smaller bike in the trees!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Wyoming Kate said:
I would like some input/feedback from anyone who has rode &/or owns a SH 250 Jr X. My hubby and I are considering it for my next bike.
Hey Kate- Where are you located in Wyoming? I'm in Colorado and the JuniorX that AJ put together for me arrived last month. It's been snowy here so I've only gotten in a little bit of seat time. What I can tell you so far is that this bike is one amazing HOT LITTLE NUMBER. :) :nod: I'd be happy to meet up with you when it warms up a bit so that you could try it out for yourself. Just give me a shout when the snow clears up there. -CJ

Wyoming Kate

Nov 17, 2007
Howdy CJ !
I am in Star Valley which is near the western border of the state, about 30 miles south of Jackson Hole.

Mostly we ride in the desert/mountain range near Big Piney. Some of the loops are about 80 miles - We have ordered my JR X - thinking about getting an IMS 2.5 gallon tank - what mileage range do you get and what size tank do you have? I would be interested in some feedback on that tank - is it to bulky or inhibit movement?

I am getting a weld on side stand - have you done any other mods on your bike (or any you would suggest)?

We still have snow too - though some melt off has begun.

ThankX for the response - have fun girl :)
Kate

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom