cainmin

Jan 28, 2008
ok.. i was advised to clean my carb and set my float level to reduce my air intake from spitting gas, and enabeling my bike to accually start....now the only problem is i dont know what is meant by setting the float level.. h0w would I go about doing so?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sort of depends on the carb you have. I assume your bike didn't come with any kind of manual telling you about it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you know what to look for it's easy. You indicated in your other thread that you have had the carb off for cleaning? There SHOULD be some markings with a name on the outside of the carb body. Since it is a Chinese bike there are MANY possibilities. Best method is to just pull it off now and tell us what it says because you are going to need to pull it off to set the float level.

cainmin

Jan 28, 2008
iight.. well im not at home right now.. but when i get home ill be sure to do it and post another reply with information thx

MotoXpert

Dec 28, 2007
Float Level

hey, i'm not sure if i'm able to help, but i will tell you how i set the float level on my bike.

I take the carb off of the bike,

Remove the Float Bowl,

Inside Is A Little Needle, called the Needle jet.

when you pull back the acellerator there is a little peice of metal, which when you pull on the throttle this peice of metal drops, letting the needle jet fall down farther.

you can slightly bend this small peice of metal so that not so much petrol/or more petrol will flow through the Carb.

Also, you may find your needle jet to be sticking, if you take it out and gently sand it down, on all of the edges, and then test the needle jet to check it falls through smoother.

When you put the float bowl back on the carb, ensure there is no dirt inside the float bowl, of it could jam up your carb and cause your bike to start poorly, and cut out while ticking over.

I'm not sure if this helped you or not, i'm only 14, and just starting to get into this sort of stuff, but, if i havent helped, maybe you can look back to this for future reference.

Hope I Helped.

MotoXpert

cainmin

Jan 28, 2008
thx buddy im only 16 myself.. ill give it a shot.. i wont get into sanding n e thing and risk compromising the part iself.. but ill check any jams or sticks...

cainmin

Jan 28, 2008
got the carb apart... how much should the needle jet accually move... it does move slightly... but possibly not enough.... there are also 3 screw located on the carb.. i understand that 1 is called the air adjust screw... located on the float bowl....the ide speed adjustment, and the idle air adjustment.... one or all of these may possibly not be set properly... im not sure how to properly set them...

MotoXpert

Dec 28, 2007
float level

well, i'm sure those screws adjust the air intake into the carb, they may need adjusting but i'm afraid i cannot help you there, as i have no experience in setting these screws.

with the needle jet, there should be a square kind of "C" shaped peice of metal, when you pull on the throttle, this C shaped peice of metal will move downwards, forcing the float in the bowl to move downwards, (because the peice of metal pushes it when you pull the throttle) and this will determine how much fuel is pushed into the engine. Sometimes this needs to be adjusted, because the bike is either taking in too much fuel, or vice versa.

To adjust this, you need to very gently bend this peice of metal, in either direction, obviously with completely different consequinces.

Now, i'm warning you to try this at your own risk. I am not liable to any damage caused to you carburetor. As i am a rookie, and only 14, i suggest oyu take the advice of someone more advanced.

I'm glad i could help, please keep your progress posted, as so i can check up.

My regards,

MotoXpert

cainmin

Jan 28, 2008
ive figured it out!... the fuel flow should be screwed in alll the way... start the bike... when it runs on a higher pitched sound... tweek it untilll you got a nice sound... then it works nice... engine dont flood out... dont gett a higher fule:air ratio.. everythigns fine

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom