oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
setting up front of bike

I'm trying to get my 92' rmx 250 setup correctly for me. I've got specs on how much sag I'm supposed to setup on the rear and have that set correctly. A PO had changed the rear spring and I was lucky enough that it is the correct spring for my weight.
Now for the front end. Is there a correct sag for the front? And if so are there any special techniques for making the measurments?
I was doing some suspension setup on an 87' yz490 a while back and had gathered some info on changning spacers for fine tuning of the front suspension.
Is fine tuning with differant length spacers common through all years of bikes?

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
???

Is this not a very active forum?
Have I asked a dumb question?
Has this been covered several times before (I've tried searching, and the search feature give me super vague results).

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There is no sag measurement for the forks. Sounds like you need a manual and find out about the spacers and spring rates for that bike. Springs for your weight, change the oil and you should be good, unless the forks have other issues.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
There is no sag measurement for the forks. Sounds like you need a manual and find out about the spacers and spring rates for that bike. Springs for your weight, change the oil and you should be good, unless the forks have other issues.
That's what I needed to know. Everywhere you look there's info on setting rear sag. I just thought it was a little weird that there was no mention of front sag.
As far as springs. For all I know they could have been changed out, and may just happen to be correct for my weight (the rear spring was). Is there anyway I can figure out what I've got. I'd feel pretty silly buying a new set of springs and then finding out they were the same as the ones I've got in there!

I've got a manual will be changing out the oil. They seem to be working pretty smoothly now. Mabey they just need some regular mantainance.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The fork spring rates should be in the manual and what markings or not relate to the different springs, should be explained in the manual. Check the book and take the caps off to see the top of the spring.

Top Bottom