mudmaiden

Jun 15, 2001
hi, does anyone have any info on the Sheet iron dualsport, that starts in Stonyford (ca) and ends up in mendocino? would love to do it, but dont know any details. thanks for any help!

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Hey Brian, I'll see you there. I am riding it with a few buddies I ride Colorado with, and three others from North Bay MC.

Oakland MC told me they are limiting rider count to 250, and no post entries. They have had problems with riders speeding on the backroads up to Hwy 1, and have had complaints from the locals. If it continues, this event may not be held next year. For what its worth, this is not a race. Riders need to respect property owners' territory.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
BigBird,
What bike are you riding?

I"m riding with a buddy from college and Dick & David Sowell from NBMC.

I am the definition of a dual sport rider - just look at my enduro attempts:)

Brian

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Brian, I have a KLX400 for a dual sport bike. If Dick and Dave are at the meeting Thursday, I'll let them know we're all riding the SI. BTW, we have two-way radios that we've used for several years. They are specially made up by a Redding Dirt Rider (I used to be in that club), and work pretty well for communicating on dual sport rides. If you do a lot of this, you should look into them. It makes the ride more enjoyable, and safer as well.

Jim

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Mudmaiden, go to www.oaklandmc.org. On that site they have a subheading for the Sheetiron. There should be contact information listed there. Good luck. I know the Oakland MC people told me at the last District 36 meeting that they were limiting the total riders to 250. I don't know if they have reached that limit yet.

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
Hi, Lisa! Did you end up registering for the Sheet Iron? Ben and I are signed up and looking forward to the event! Perhaps we will see you there . . . ?
Kathy

Top Bottom