Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutthecrop18

Jun 9, 2007
I have a 04 Rm125 and I have a minson clutch and the bike is fully worked... Only runs on 110 octane fuel. I was wondering should i shift with or without the clutch? I know with out the clutch i shift very fast and i like it better... But will it hurt my transmission? :think:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
just do a search. this has been answered ... well i should say debated plenty of times. the general agreement is that as long as you let off the throttle shifting w/o the clutch shouldnt hurt the transmission. but a lot of guys still choose to use the clutch.

personally i like using the clutch because i like to be able to control the throttle and power better.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
If you click on Search, then Advanced Search, enter "shift without the clutch" in the Keywords field (with the double quotes), then select this forum in the Search in Forum(s) box (it is about halfway down the list), you will get more than you ever wanted to hear about shifting with and without the clutch...and a fair bit of it is useless chatter from people who say their friend's cousin's brother lives next door to a guy who used to work with a really fast rider and he said...

Not sure if this link will work for you, but here is what I came up with:
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/search.php?searchid=712440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom