procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
I have a '91 KDX 200 that I just replaced the water pump seals and impeller shaft on. When i took it off there was a spring about 2 inches long or so on the clutch side that popped off. It was coiled at one end and then it went out and made an 'x'. I know where the coiled end goes but i cant figure out where the open part of the x the metal goes. Is it supposed to stay crossed or are you supposed to seperate the ends?? I know this is not very descriptive, but i dont know how else to put it.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I just looked at www.buykawasaki.com at the parts diagrams and the only spring I could see like your description is the kickstarter spring. Please go to the web site and see the diagram and if you still have a question then identify which diagram the spring is in and its part # and I'll see if I can help.

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
You spread it apart, so that it fits on the pin. It's difficult, and be careful it don't fly off into the corner somewhere. :thumb:

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Which pin? There is a round piece of metal that has a track-type thing that it is enclosed in, and then there is a rectangular piece that juts out about 1/2 inch from the round one that it looks like the ends of the spring goes on. We put it on there with the ends apart, but it won't shift right. I dont know how else to explain it. Also, the seperated parts of the spring about halfway from the ends are catching on that round piece. What are we doing wrong?

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
You're in luck, I have some pics of when I rebuilt my 89 KDX a few months back (same tranny). The second one is a little bit blurry, I think you'll be able to see how it goes though.

You need to make sure that the "round" part of the spring is on the shift shaft, WITH the plastic spacer.

Attachments

• kdx_shift-mech.jpg
    kdx_shift-mech.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom