flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Hey guys, as I know there are multiple Crf owners on this site I'm gonna hit some of you guys up on this one(Rich and Eric included ;) ). I have for over a year now had difficulty finding anyone that stocks the shims need to do a valve job for the Crf. My local dealer has honda shims of the right thickness, but wrong dia., and Kawasaki shims of the right diameter, but of the wrong thickness. All the other dealerships I've contacted have had even less success. I tried Honda of Troy even, with similiar results :flame: Bruce has been great trying to help me, but we were wondering if any other models have interchangable shims w/this model? Maybe some model of street bike, or even one of those Fous-wheelers :eek: ? I've got them on order, so unless there on the cursed backorder list I should have them next week, but I was just wondering for future reference if any models had interchangable shims with the Crf. Rich, Eric I'd be interested to hear about ya'lls run ins with this problem or other models. Thanks.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Sorry James I guess I did not make myself clear on what TYPE of shims I was referring to. :confused: I was speaking of the valve shims, for adjusting the valve cleareance. And yes the valve shims aren't cheap either. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom