short rider, tall bike and kickstarting technique?

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Have you slipped the fork tubes up in the triple clamps at all? I got close to an inch lower on my bike. I also shaved the seat and bought longer dog bones for the rear end. Too soft on the rear sag wasn't satisfactory to me.

Contrary to popular belief, if you lower the rear you can lower the front and not have any handling issues. Been there, done that on several bikes.

stormi

Mar 3, 2004
gwcrim said:
Have you slipped the fork tubes up in the triple clamps at all? I got close to an inch lower on my bike. I also shaved the seat and bought longer dog bones for the rear end. Too soft on the rear sag wasn't satisfactory to me.

Contrary to popular belief, if you lower the rear you can lower the front and not have any handling issues. Been there, done that on several bikes.

We have,.. it's lowered as far as my boyfriend thought it could go. Longer dogbones,... shocks? no,. there's only one in the back,.. what the heck is a dogbone? :) (forgive me, I'm still wet behind the ears here.)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
You don't have dog bones on your bike. They are part of the shock linkage on all of the non-KTM bikes. I checked on AC Racing's web-site and they don't list KTM sub-frames. You might have to call them to see if they make them but haven't updated their web-site.

stormi

Mar 3, 2004
MX-727 said:
You don't have dog bones on your bike. They are part of the shock linkage on all of the non-KTM bikes.

Ok,.. that's why we didn't consider replacing those. :) I'd never heard that term before!

stormi

Mar 3, 2004
gwcrim said:
They're those little treats you give puppy when he comes if you call him. :eek:

Well that's what I was thinking! And I was wondering how that was going to get me closer to the ground, unless both of my dogs jumped on the bike ( about 130lbs combined weight! ) :yikes: Which now that I think about it is guaranteed to get me closer to the ground, with two dogs and a bike on top of me.

Top Bottom