short woods rider handlebars

mule

Nov 7, 2001
Mostly I hear that the CR high is good. What are the shorter people (<5'7"-5'8") using? I am assuming that a little more sweep is good for woods. I think that standing is good too so maybe sufficient rise is still the way to go? Need your opinions please.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I'm just 5'7" and the CR Hi is the way to go. Its not really high like you would think. Perfect for standing as well as the right sweep for sitting down.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
CR Hi's are not high... believe me! I couldn't even get the stock odometer mount to work because the crossbar hit it. The bars are closest to the stock bars as far as bend and the MSR bars I got are actually lower in stance to the stock ones. I can give you a tip too. Cut 1 inch off both ends to give you a little extra clearance between trees! :)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Most brands have an "enduro, mini, or woods" bend that are already narrower than the standard 32 inch wide bar. I recently went with a mini bar which was 28.75 inches wide. An added bonus is that the clamp area is smaller (6 +- inches compared to most @ 8 inches), which allows for more bar area to move and adjust your brake and clutch levers and your bark buster mounts. Great improvement if you plan on running narrow bars in the trees.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Yeah... I checked those out too... the only problem was that the clamp knurls on the bars didn't line up with my clamps... :(

I'm sitting at 30.5 in with my Pro-Bend's embedded in the ends. Not Bad!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…