thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
A friend of mine is selling it. He's asking $2400 for it, immaculate appearance, regularly maintained, 252 hours or about 6300 miles. He says that it'll need a new top end soon. My father has been looking into a new motorcycle because at this time he doesn't have one. We were thinking of turning it into a motard around town type ride with the occasional trail weekend ride.

How much does it cost to redo the top end on one of these? Are the parts readily available? Is this a reasonable price for the time that has been spent on it?

I haven't ridden it personally but I've been riding with him and it sounds amazing, it tackles any hill we've thrown at it. And the magic E-button is pretty cool as well. :cool:

Should I? :ride:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
If you didn't, I would

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2400? I'd think that a decent deal. I'd find a Husaberg dealer and see how much the engine work and parts would run you first. If you could do all that for under a thou, it still sounds like a deal to me.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
My father's thinking about it. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later. This guys has to get rid of it quick due to a spouse rule of only having one motorcycle in the house, with a 2007 KTM 300exc in the house as well, the Husa has to go.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
252 hours is a lot without a rebuild on a Berg. The 2003's were pretty good but the 04's and up will get you the Kukosan ignition and an FCR carb. The e-start works much better on the 04's and up also. 03's and below have the SEM ignition which can go out in a couple of years.

I think you would be worlds happier with a 04-07 FE 450. The improvements are too numerous to list.

Pass on this one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom