Votes: 2 100.0%
  • yz 250

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mborko271

May 28, 2014
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)-6,1 230
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? intermediate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX
4) Do you have any riding experience? started on a 50 I have a 2013 rmz 250 now and race weekly
5) Do you think you will race ? Every weekend
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I do all my own motor work. Can't do suspension or anything else.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?Im riding a 13 rmz 250 I want a rmz 450
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? everthing
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? have enough for a new one
11) Your age? 15
I wrote some basic stuff I want to move to a 450 because when ever im racing I feel as if I don't have enough power during the start I always get the jump off the gate but afgter that don't have the power to pull me fast enough I also have some trouble clearing jumps on this bike

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pretty simple answer .. get the 450.
You're big enough and if you aren't getting enough from the 250 ... well, there ya have it.
230lbs on that 250 and some loamy dirt? Yeah, you'd need more.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You aren't all that big at 230lbs, and if you can't be fast enough on a 250F then a new bike isn't going to fix it. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you are going too slow because you aren't a good enough rider. The good part is you are only 15 so you have lots of time get a lot better, and you are more likely to become a more skilled rider on your current 250f. This is the same discussion people have had since the 70s when young guys thought their 125cc two-strokes weren't enough. History has clearly shown that guys rarely if ever fixed their "I'm not fast enough" issues by jumping on a bigger more powerful bike.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
LOL! Cuz you KNOW from experience that I am RIGHT. I seem to remember a certain Okie out at the OTN who was much faster on his YZF250 than he ever was on his super trick Service Honda AF500, and I know for a sad fact that I was always faster on OT's stock 250F, my CR125 and my RM150 than I was on my tricked to the gills CRF450. I was every bit of 235lbs so I can't blame anything but a lack of required skill for the outcome.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom