Should I ride it first????

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003
Got my new KDX220 this Sat.... all of my accessories will be in tomorrow (Tues). Should I ride it this weekend without the mods or put them all on and let it happen!!!! I got a Gnarly Desert, PC2, Boysen Reed, jets, needle, and new XR400 springs for the front.... I greased the shock links, swingarm pivot & the axles and pretty much everything you can grease....decisions, decisions, decisions....I rode it in the parking lot of shop and took it home to my shop for upgrades....I love that bike!!!!!!

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002

Go for at least one ride before you bolt on everything, that way you've got a understanding of what you started with and you'll appreciate the mods that much more. If possible i'd bolt on one thing at a time and then take it for a ride to get even more of a fine grained understanding.

-Maurice

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003

I was thinking I should do just that, but I am really anxious to put everything on. I work at a multi line motorcycle dealer got all these toys and am waiting to play :yeehaw: but I will ride it first then start with the pipe.... thanks for the input
Randy

tominator

Jan 23, 2004
Greasing the rear end before you start is absolutely necassry (get your mind out of the gutter!). Break it in, check it out (head-to-toe). Ride it again. Frisbee the lid. Pipe it, valve it, tune it, ride it.

Then do the forks, right. Ride it, tune it, Ride it, tune it, ride it.

Let us know how it runs.

Mine's just :thumb:

louis

Sep 2, 2002
Morie is on the right track, a couple good rides and then one mod at a time so you can feel the difference each one makes. In the future if there is a problem you will know were to go to solve it. Slow down. We all know how you feel. We're just kids with new toys.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…