tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Hi all,

I will explain my situation and the reason I'm thinking about selling it. :blah:
I have a 2004 CRF250X in Canada, and a new DRZ400SM in Israel, I am currently in Israel serving in the army, and will move back to Canada only in a year and a few months.

By now I have it for I think 2 years and a few months and maybe rode it 15 times total since I have it (purchased it new). I don't think I even did more then a 120 miles on it. :whoa:

I'm in the military (for the past 2 years) and so I get 20 days a year to fly and visit my family in Canada, so this year 2007 I will be in Canada only for 20 days (in July) and I'm getting released on Feb 2008 (moving a few months later to Canada).

I love the CRF250X, but nobody is riding it there and it's just sitting in the garage . When I move back I'll probably get the same or a 450X.

You think I should sell it?
I'm almost sure (need to check) I paid 7800$CAD for the bike new back then, any idea how much could I sell it for now ? Considering it's like new condition?

Thanks.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
First, thank you for your service. Military service is a tremendous honor, as well as a sacrifice. Again, we appreciate it.

Your question is a very tough question. One side of me says sell, but realistically it has depreciated as much, percentage wise, as it ever will.

Other considerations ...
Are you making payments? If yes, then perhaps bailing would free up money to save towards a new bike.
Is Honda going to radically redesign the X? I doubt it, as it has only been on the market a few years. Replacing it with a new 250 next year may well cost more than keeping it.
If you are SURE that you are moving to a 450, then I say sell it this spring. Somebody will be looking for a good ride and it should move quickly, assuming it is priced right.

I know there are as many questions as answers in my response, but hopefully it will fuel further self exploration and debate.

As far as value, I don't have a clue. I usually check [b]www.nada.com[/b] for bike prices, but I don't know if they have prices for vehicles in Canada.

Edit: I just checked and if they do, it is not obvious.

tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Thanks!

I checked now it's value is about 3000$USD around 3470$CAD. :bang: That's around a 55% loss in value for me. I Don't think it's worth selling it unless I find someone who really is looking (and willing to pay) for a 2 year and few month old bike with around 100miles and like 12 rides... Practically new.

Oh well, I love the bike anyway, so no big deal.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Keep it unless you are going to move up to the 450X. I love the 250X!

Someday I hope to love the 450X myself!

Top Bottom