angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
I read the review of the Sidi boots. What I would like to know is what size I would need. The Alpinestars Tech 6's I have don't come in 1/2 sizes. I ended up getting a 9 which was very snug. The 10 had too much play. Are Sidi's the same size as Astars. They do come in 1/2 sizes. I wear a 10 in everyday shoes. Thanks for any help.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I wear a solid 10 in everyday shoes, and wear a 44 in the Sidi Force Flex non-SRS. That equates to a size 9 1/2 on the cross-reference on their site. FWIW, I also wear Thor MX socks, which are on the thicker side.

Very comfortable boot from day 1, and excellent protection.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
I was thinking the 9.5. Thanks.
I wear thick socks almost always. I need a boot that keeps the water out better than the tech-6, because I love riding in the winter. I think the buckles will be a big improvement.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
They seem to run a 1/2 size larger than my everyday shoes. I mail ordered a size 10 1/2 force boot, and it's about a half size to large, so I just double up on the socks.

Surfrider55

Jul 25, 2003
I just purchased a pair of the flex Force. I usually wear a 9.5 in dress shoes. I purchased the size 44 or 9.5 - 10 and they fit great. I also wear very thick socks. Just and FYI, I also wear the Thor Knee Guards and needed to adjust the SIDI boots to allow them to close around the upper two buckles. I have a ordered the extra long straps. to help close the boots. I am very pleased with the comfort, fit and adjustments that can be made with their their "calf adjustment system"

Good luck on your decision

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I tried using Thor force knee guards with my force boots. There was noway the top 2 buckles would close, even with the longer straps. I didn't think I had exceptionally large calves either, but Those force guards are huge.

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I wear a 9 - 9.5 shoe and size 9 Alpinestars. For sopme reason I bought the 9.5 Sidi Flex Force and they are a little on the big side but not a problem.

I don't have any trouble with the top straps being long enough to close around my Asterisk knee braces.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I normally wear a 9.5, I went with the 43 boots (srs) and they fit fine with regular socks.  I was addicted to wearing thick socks, mostly because other boots were so uncomfortable.  The sidis are so comfortable, I just wear regular socks now.  They are showing signs of wear just like other boots, Already on my second set of soles (only $17).  They are somewhat splashproof, but not completely water proof.  I pretty much gave up on finding "real" waterproof boots.  Maybe I just got a leaky pair?

My review:  they aren't perfect, but I highly recommend them due to comfort and protection!  Thinking about getting another pair for motard.

By the way, don't buy the white ones, they look like crap right away and are hard to clean!

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Thanks for all the info everyone. Size 44 in black/grey on the way. I tried some on and liked the fit. The buckles are a huge improvement over my tech-6's. I hope to try them out thursday and give a report.

rocky01

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2003
I started to break in my pair of Sidi's TA's yesterday. They felt great. Excellent support. I bought the 9.5 and I normally wear a 10. My feet weren't sore at all after a day of ridn'. Hope you have many happy miles of trails in them!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom