bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Check this out guys, we were working on a friends 02 125sx when we noticed that his boot has worn through the shock reservoir to the point where the bladder is showing, you can just make it out from the picture, its the little black spot on the side of the canister near the top.

any ideas on fixes, or has annyone had the same problem

thanks, BC

Attachments

• dscf0008.jpg
    dscf0008.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 300

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Unless he has had some work done to the shock there is no bladder in it.
I have heard of this on another forum.
Maybe this is why the KTM team uses such a big carbon frame guard?

Contact Jer at MX-TECH, he is the guru with WP.

D

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Jeezz Bclapham what does your friend wear? The new Tech 8 metal rasp boot? :eek: :laugh: I would second giving Jer a buzz and strongly second the some sort of guard. I know Brock Sellards ran rediculously large guards on his when he rode for KTM.

Last edited:

Jesper

Feb 26, 2001
That's about the same wear I had on my -01 KTM after 2 years with Sidi flex force boots, my O-ring was also seen on the outside after about 1 year. I made a cover from a fiber reinforced hose and attached it with zip-ties, it protected it without much more wear for an additional year. You'll have to look out for the screws and rivets on the inside of the Sidi boot as they will scratch the bike when the plastics on the boot wears down.

chadapotamus

Dec 4, 2002
Hey guys, that's my shock in the pic. I posted this same thing over at ktmtalk.com to see what those guys had to say and one of them made up this gaurd out of PVC pipe that covers up the resevoir. Here's the URL to the pic. http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000054378/1000054378_228200395110PM0.7075159

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom