MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I was wondering anyone out there got a pair of the new sidi's Force boots? They sound and look like they'd offer great ankle support, but I'm sure this will come at a cost of movement how bad is it? What you think of the construction of the boots? Most importantly are they comfortable especially for peeps with small feet :)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
They are great boots. They are more flexible front to back than any other boot out there but have the utmost in ankle support. They are OH so comfortable, have ingenious buckles and Sidi has great support if ou have problems. They are the best thing I have ever bought. Just great.

BTW, your ankle does not really bend all that much while riding so front to back flexibility is not much of an issue IMO.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Ihave had mine about 4 months and they are pretty well trashed out I would not buy another pair. I am back to wearing Alpine Stars IMO still the best boot for the money.
01cr250 02yz250-125

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I had a pair of 2001 Tech 6s, and had to get the new compound sole put on by them (for free I should point out) after about 8-10 rides. I don't sharpen my pegs, but I do have the extenders on, don't know if that would cause this. Got rid of them after that, and got the Sidi Force Flex. So far they are holding up well. Feel like I'm wearing a high dollar sneaker. Very comfortable. Only have about 3 good rides on them though. Even though they are without a doubt the most comfortable boot I've had. It's probably just a matter of which person put that product together, and weather or not it was on Friday before closing time:confused:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Sideways11, if you do not take care of the boots(lubing, replacing worn parts and conditioning the leather), they WILL fall apart as described. Just like anything else, they are not care free.:silly:

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
haha ive had my fox boots since 97 and the only cleaning/maintaining ive done is washing them with the hose once in a while and theyre still in pretty good condition...sure the soles are completely worn through and the insides are layered w/ duct tape to replace the worn out lining, but hey theyve still got plenty of miles left in them

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by YoTRacer158
haha ive had my fox boots since 97 and the only cleaning/maintaining ive done is washing them with the hose once in a while and theyre still in pretty good condition...sure the soles are completely worn through and the insides are layered w/ duct tape to replace the worn out lining, but hey theyve still got plenty of miles left in them
Gee that is a really good investment... I bet the ankle support is good as new too?:silly:

Boot Reviews Here

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
its decent...but not great. thats why i'm in the hunt for a new pair of boots. ive narrowed it down between the sidi force flex srs amd the alpinestars tech 8's

Rick H

Nov 6, 2000
SIDI boots

I've been an Alpinestar guy for years but I recently got a pair of SIDI SRS's. After the first trail ride to break them in I was ready to sell them. The ankle movement was VERY limited. I'm on a 5 weekend race schedule and have to use my worn out Alpines until I can break in the SIDI's. I've been told it takes 4-5 rides to break them in.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Not enough ankle movement?!! These things have more front to back than any other boot on the market. Your ankle does not move more than 30 degrees in any normal riding situation according to the local dealer. What are you doing, deep knee bends while riding?

BTW, mine had NO break in period. Just a little bit of leather conditioner on the minimal amounts of leather did the trick.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Rick H, you're right. I was used to well broken-in boots, and I could sit down, feet on the pegs, and lift my right toe to use the rear brake without taking the foot off the peg. With the new SIDIs, the amount of force required to do that was just too wearing; I wound up lifting the boot off the peg to tap the brakes. A different technique, but I'm getting used to it.

Also, I think that 4-5 rides is about right. I have three days on them now, and they're not quite broken-in yet. It helps to leave the second latch from the bottom a little loose, but be careful not to lose the strap; I did.

There's no doubt the SIDIs with the SRS are the most protective boot out there. But you pay a price in lack of feel; I honestly sometimes have to look down to see whether my brake lever has broken off and disappeared; but no, it's still there. I just can't feel it. The lack of feel has caused me to do a little break-dancing in the rocks, and I looped out over a jump. No real harm done, but while it's pretty entertaining for my son, all things considered I'd just as soon pass. Still, the protection is worth it to me. I have kicked a few rocks that would previously have lamed me for a week, and I could hardly even feel them.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Finally, I found out the DO make my size, they're just not posted on the website! They make an adult 6 and 7 so for those of us with small feet there is hope.

Any ladies out there have the SIDIs? They're on my list for sure, but it'll be so long until I can ride again, I won't buy them for a little while.

Top Bottom