signs an engine is trying to seize.??

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi, i was in the woods today on my yz 125, and all of a sudden, my engine was loosing power, sounded all grargally, and had smoke coming out,, it also reved kinda funny,, and my throttle felt extra easy to turn.... could it be a lean seizure? or maybe my cable was tangled,, or maybe my idle screw was against my slide.. or could it be a drop of water coming thru? i think it was either water, or the idle screw too close to slide... what do you all think?

thanks. ps,, it cleared up after about 10 seconds,and ran fine.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
I once had my engine quiting on me for 2 times in a row, within ten min time. After that it never did it again. I still don't know what it was.
Runs great so i better not worry too much, right?

TransAm77

Feb 10, 2002
I've had my motor quit also, I though I had broken a ring. But it started right up, and never did it again. This happend when the top end was realy worn out.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
this is a new top end, new piston, ring, and just got it ported for bottom end power, and cylinder was polished out...it was strange,, whatever it was..

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I've heard that when engines are trying to sieze they will do that, and when the rider feels it and lets up on the throttle they will just come back to normal. It (off-road.com article) said that with the ultra-hard coatings on cylinders today, that damage was minimal, and if the engine runs fine and has good compression you shouldnt worry about it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…