cover3

Nov 17, 2006
If I take the silencer out of my CRF100 do I need to change the jetting or anything to the bike or will I just have more power.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
cover3 said:
I like more noise.
So you like less places to ride? More hassle from neighbors and the authorities? You don't mind starting a forest/grass fire because of the lack of spark supression? You want your otherwise stock bike to run worse? :|

cover3

Nov 17, 2006
I live in a town of 300 people, a cop bees down here once a month. So takeing out the silencer will make the bike run worst...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
cover3 said:
I live in a town of 300 people, a cop bees down here once a month. So takeing out the silencer will make the bike run worst...
It doesn't matter how big or small the place you live is. Getting people ticked off at dirt bikes is bad for all of us that ride. Even out in Hoserville the Internet works as you have shown, well at least some of those 300 people are not going to like the extra racket and they too can help add fuel to the fire to close down riding areas, add restrictions on even private land you might have access to and more. http://www.loudsucks.com/

Yes your bike will not run as well if you pull the core. We have one and until it was highly modified did removing the core make any improvement. When it came to that we had an exhaust system made that is louder than stock but quieter than the stock system without the core.

cover3

Nov 17, 2006
Down here there is people flying everywere on bikes and trikes. I know everyone down here, they dont care about it. I am in NL.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Forgive me if this is going to look like I'm being preachy, but we're not being pricks. We're just trying to educate you into being a better dirt-biking citizen.

It doesn't matter where you live, nor how many people ride there. There will always be someone -- and it may only be one, then a few, then a few more, but always someone -- who doesn't like dirt bikes, for whatever reason. Now, in your specific case, you have a very quiet motorcycle. I bet you could ride all day and nobody outside a specific radius would even know it. But, you go pulling the baffle out of your bike and instantly the sound will end up carrying over long distances. There is a characteristic to the low tone of a 4-stroke engine that makes it carry over those distances.

Now, you're having fun blasting around on your uncorked CRF100F and all is good. That is until the new tree-hugging, granola-eating, hemp-wearing hippies show up next door. Now, I don't know what it is about people like these (and believe me, I have LOTS of experience with them) but they seem to have LOTS of time on their hands, and they can be VERY vocal. So vocal, in fact, that no matter how much your elected officials like dirt bikes and everything to do with them, they like being in office more. And the thing about vocal people, they are good at making elected officials think they wield some sort of power with the electorate. This makes elected officials nervous, and makes them cave to the whims of the vocal minorities. The other thing about vocal minorities is they ALWAYS show up to vote. People like you and me, we think we have better things to do than waste our time with politics, but if we don't the "other side" ends up getting THEIR people elected, and then the laws get even more hard core against us. You and your friends will be lucky if you get to ride at all by the time they are done.

In short, if you leave your bike quiet and just have as much fun as you can have on it the way it is, things will stay all fine and dandy.

I love you,

Love,

Pred

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
cover3 said:
Well obviosily i cant spell and this isnt the place for me if you all are going to be pricks.

In the fight to retain riding areas, noise is one of the main complaints of those who wish to see us shut down, with nowhere to ride. Coming on here with the attitude that noise doesn't matter, to a group that knows it does, isn't going to get you much love. It's bad enough that we have to fight against the idiots that want to see our riding areas taken away. When one of our own wishes to help them by making his bike louder for the simple reason of wanting to make more noise, those of us who understand the fight to keep land available to ride on become annoyed and frustrated. You are not helping the cause by having a loud bike simply to have a loud bike. You may think that there's only 300 people in your town, and bikes running everywhere, but somewhere in there, there's someone who doesn't like it. The more loud bikes you have ripping around, the more people who don't like the noise begin to come out of the woodwork. Before you know it, you're shut down. For your sake and ours, ditch the attitude, and keep your bike quiet. it will perform better, and not offend everyone within earshot.

If you really must have more noise, I've heard a piece of aluminum dryer duct run from your exhaust to a hole drilled in the back of your helmet works well, lots of noise for you, while not offending anyone else. Even shiny for that bling factor.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
cover3 said:
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Translation: I am a silly little punk that doesn't know any better and I want to sound like I am going fast. When I get older (notice not "grow up") I will have a clapped out Toyota Corolla that I will remove the muffler from and drive around my small town because nobody cared when I did it on my dirt bike. Oh that big "L" on my forehead? I have no idea how that got there.

Jan 3, 2007
cover3 said:

I dont care if there is only 300 people in your town, that just makes for 300 more pissed off people about our sport. Dumb kids these days. You are the kind that gives all kids alike a bad name.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My son learned early on it's better to be fast, than to try to sound fast but look like an idiot.

Top Bottom