Singing Brakes

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
My brakes let out quite a noise. It isn't a typical squeel, it's more of a tone. Sounds like its from something vibrating. The pads seem to be in good shape and everything is tight.

Anyone ever get this? Any way to fix it?

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
maybe the rotor is warped. Or maybe the pads are making the noise. Pads can make more than one tone from vibration. You could spray them with anti-squeel or try putting a backing plate on them that isn't completely stiff so it could absorb some of the vibration.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The rotor is in good shape. There isn't any pulsing when braking. I'm using EBC brake pads and they just may be the problem. I'll try some anti-squeel. Have other had this problem with the EBC's?

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I had the same problem last year. I tried many suggestions posted on this site. What I discovered was there were sections of the brake pad that had more metallic material than others, therefore, producing the squeek. After a month of riding the front pads wore down and the sound went away.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…