Mar 8, 2007
Heres a video from last year during much warmer temperatures!
I was taking all the video, so I'm not in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbGonnywkQo

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IbGonnywkQo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IbGonnywkQo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Those are some pretty nice trails. I like the hill at the end of the video with the tree that you have to duck under :ohmy: Are they as steep as they look? Definitely looks like fun.

I hope you and your group can make it to Paragon with us in April and June. Looks like a fun group.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Out here in California there just aren't any places like that, and I think I am glad! I think I would kill myself trying to ride through a stand of trees like that. I can just see myself nailing a tree dead on.

Rod

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Embedded it for you...

Mar 8, 2007
RM_guy said:
Those are some pretty nice trails. I like the hill at the end of the video with the tree that you have to duck under :ohmy: Are they as steep as they look? Definitely looks like fun.

I hope you and your group can make it to Paragon with us in April and June. Looks like a fun group.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Paragon was closed last month, or should I say stolen away to make room for a airport/warehouse by the county commissioners, I signed a petition to keep it open but you cant fight eminent domain.

The trail with the tree is called the playground, (all the trails have names), a series of super steep up and right back down hills, and it's being run backward usually you have to duck under coming down that hill! Ducking your head and hitting the gas blindly to go up the hill is a rush.
I'll never forget the first time I was coming down that hill and saw a HUGE tree across the path I almost bailed, but figured ever one else made it.
And yes all the hills are much steeper than they appear on video, but then you already knew that!
Plus there is no approach to any of them, fan the clutch and grab a handful of throttle :yikes:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
katoom 300 rider said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Paragon was closed last month, or should I say stolen away to make room for a airport/warehouse by the county commissioners, I signed a petition to keep it open but you cant fight eminent domain...
It's still open for now and probably for several months while the appeals are being made. They will be getting new land to move to in the near future so it will be the same name...different place. We want to get a few last rides in before it they get kicked off the land for good. I know the place like the back of my hand so I'm actually looking forward to a new place to ride.

Mar 8, 2007
rmc_olderthandirt said:
Out here in California there just aren't any places like that, and I think I am glad! I think I would kill myself trying to ride through a stand of trees like that. I can just see myself nailing a tree dead on.

Rod

The trees add to the rush :yikes: , many of them you have to wiggle between, others you just smash through with your bark busters, which are mandatory equipment on our bikes.

The WER dampener I put on last year helps absorb the impact, so the handlebars don't twist out of your hands.

Did anyone notice all the broken plastic on that first hill Rick was coming up? All the plastic that the hill breaks gets to keep it, and it all gets hung in the trees, as a testiment to the hills gnarlyness (is that even a word?)

Last edited:

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
sorry same flash erorr problem.. I'm sure it was good...

Top Bottom