rvguy

May 31, 2002
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to buy a skid plate for my '01 200. I am checking out plates from Works Connection and Tag, which were about the same price. Anyone have any suggestions on durability or fitment?
(I just couldn't make a decision without asking the KDX brotherhood first.)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Have no experience with the Tag or WC. Recently installed a Moose & it bolted up w/o any issues. Gives complete lower case protection, and has wings that extend to the side of the frame loops, but does not offer any w/p protection. Not sure if there are any that do. Can't comment on its performance, as I haven't really smashed anything hard yet. $70 from any dealer with Parts Unlimited.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
rvguy, I'm running a maier plate I off ebay for twenty bucks. Avoid it, It doesn't have wings and the attachment hardware was less than easy to work with. If you feel like a project, some dude posted on here a while back about how he had made a skid plate out of a stop sign, the photos he posted looked pretty good. What part of NH are you from? My parents have retired in the Alton area.

rvguy

May 31, 2002
I'm in Nashua NH, "the best place to live in the U.S." (yeah right!)
Alton is a very nice area. I've spent much time at Alton Bay fishing.

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
..I made my own. If you know someone who is good with metal just trace out what you want and take it to that person and see what will charge. Then drill the holes to match frame. I bought the clamps from Lowes. I have not had any problems. Looks good on my 200 01.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom