Slight 'click' after fork rebuild

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
After stripping the forks on my sons RM125 03 on the weekend to replace the springs with lighter ones, also replaced main oil and subtank oil, upper and lower bushes, and all oil and dust seals, I had a slight 'click' in the forks when out of the bike and compressed by hand. The click was very slight, and happens just as the change in direction from down to up happens. The click was not evident when the forks were in the bike. I had no problems during the assembly, I did nothing to any of the valving, and I quality checked all my work, and cannot see anything to cause it, so I am hoping it is just the fact the new bushes are not bedded in yet, and was probably the lower bush moving slightly in its retaining depression.

Any of you guys experienced similar?

Luke used the bike yesterday, and no problems resulting, no leaks etc...I will remove the forks this week to see if the click has gone after (3 hours) use.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Could be the bushs or the springs rotating - either way probably nothing to sweat over.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…