Feb 25, 2001
My bike has been sitting for over a year and I went to crank it up...started great I put new fuel and gear oil in it. But I found the throttle turns but is really slow to return back. I stopped the engine and played with the throttle and it was still the same. I would turn the throttle and it wouldnt snap back to closed position it would slowly come back. So I tore into the carb and checked the slide it was clean as could be. Could it be a bad cable in which a new cable would fix the problem ? or could it be a bad throttle barrel or whatever its called that the grip gets glued to??? I think I might try to lube the cable just to see if thats going to fix any of this problem and ideas guys? Anyone had this happen?

merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
My yz had the same problem a while ago. Disconnect the cable from the carby and throttle assembly and check that it moves ok, if not clean and lube, do the same to the throttle assembly.

Also check the throttle return spring in the carb, mine hade worn two groves on either side of it and was binding badly.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Wow I did not even realize this post was here. I have the identical bike with the same problem. Only I did not switch bars, I just had a crash where that side of the handlebars did have a decent amount of impact on it. Perhaps it's the same problem here, I just need to pull the throttle tube out a little. What do I need to do, just brute force it out or is there something to loosen?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom