el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey guys, well after some much discussion among friends we have decide to hold part 2 of our Hare Scrambles in July. We have yet to pick an Exact date for this, but we know it will be in July for sure. It will be in the same place it was in March?, we would love for an even better turn out than last time, and maybe we'll have better weather this time. Like last time there is goin' to be a ride planned to ride Richland right after the race. We are going to try to add some more trail, and up the difficulty level alittle more, w/ help of GNCC387 and his expertese in making fun trail. So hope to see some of the familiar faces we met before and hope to meet some new faces. Thanks

El Pres.

mgorman

May 8, 2000
July should be a good month for me but I never know. I might be able to scroung up a couple teams to come down.

Keep us posted.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey wait now I didn't authorize this, the trail is in no shape for it, you do realize that the pines are gone don't you...

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
it is on, and we are going to have it the 3rd weekend in july, which would be the 20th and 21st . hope yall come down

Last edited:

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Originally posted by smb_racing
hey wait now I didn't authorize this, the trail is in no shape for it, you do realize that the pines are gone don't you...

I hope the trees that were right in the middle of the slick downhills are gone!

Originally posted by el presidente
We are going to try to add some more trail, and up the difficulty level a little more...

Dear God, help me. :scream:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I have yet to see this trail that they're discussing, the GasGas has a slipping clutch. Should be a good time just like the first event, only this time the weather will be warm enough for a two day event. Parking space may be a tad limited as the front field is in corn right now, might have to move the pit area across the road but we should have plenty of space to accomodate everyone. Hope to see everyone who came down last time, great bunch of guys, I was going to send out letters to everyone who showed up with the digital pics from the course but the rain smeared up the sign in sheet so badly I couldn't read the names. This time it'll be even better and more organized, how does a 40 or 50 mile richland trailride sound after the race?

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
hey come on guys u decided to have it after i crashed and screwed my bike up. what date have u guys come up with?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
brain u must not read too good, the dates are july 20th, and 21st. i hope everyone shows up that did last time, and then some. we got rave reviews last time, and we are adding new stuff, so i hope everyone has a blast this time too. hope to see yall there.

el pres

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I should be able to make for 1 day at least. I'll have to check at work to see if I can get the weekend off.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
update
well guys did some more laying out today, and we are hoping to have more than 5 miles of woods now, and a SPECIAL added bonus to be reveiled at the race :p . hope yall don't miss this one :aj:

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
the only thing that i can add is i hope that it rains again, that was a blast, although i don't think my prner Jewell had tha much fun!And my oher partner Dennis broke his bike on a small parade lap around the course, and my good buddy rich wimped out and didn't even show. :whiner:
bt in all seriousness this wll be a better course han last. myself and Brian (GNCC387) are trying to work out multiple paths up hills andseverl paths downhill. We are also tring to keep the race inclosed in woods rather than the slick field runs leading towrds the electric fence which some unforunae people found last race ;) .
jimmy, don't worry like i told dennis at the first race, when we cut the trail we said to ourselves can dennis make this. Now we are saying, can dennis and jimmy make this and will jewell end up in another guley?
as for the richlnd ride fter the race i say we skip richland and me azbell and brian show yo u guys around Beirups! :aj:
see you fellas the 20/21

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Wha the ---- is Bierhups? I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. I guess I better get working on the bike. Looped it a couple weeks ago and broke the rear fender and the frontend is going about 3 different ways.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Bierhups is the A rider section for the national enduro, it's the section where pro riders come out cursing, quite lovely from what I hear :)

Where'd you loop out at dennis? Didn't strain yourself any in the crash did you?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
dennis it is the section me and dan went and helped get ready for the national, and i puked my guts out about half way through it. It's about 23 inches wide, and pretty tough, a lot of fun, just tough. hope yall come down, we are making one h@#$ of a trail for yall

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
now don't make it sound like it's going to be as bad as the last one because the course is going to be really simple, but we're going to run a full 2 hours this time as the course is much longer and in the spirit of competition we need to have the oppurtunity for a large number of laps.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey guys, we all got to thinking, and if anyone is staying over night for the bonfire/drinkfest we would like for yall if u could to bring some food (chips, pop, beer, hotdogs, hamburger, ect.) or maybe chip in 5 dollars to help w/ the funding for the food, and beer and stuff.the race will still be free for the guys that are staying just for one day, we would like just like some help w/ the bonfire. if yall have a problem w/ that let us know and we'll work something out. thanks, and see yall soon

Last edited:

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
The course is looking good got multiple lines to choose from and we are trying to make new lines so u don't have the trees at the bottom of the downhills "those things suck" . we are also going to put pallets and build a bridge or 2 so no one gets stuck in the creek crossing's. should be a great event hopefully we get a big turnout. Bring your friends and riding buddys there should be a couple good spots to spectate if anyone is interested in spectating.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
It looks like there is a very good chance that myself and Curt (weemus) will be there for the 20th...

Prez, No problem at all chipping in a few bucks for some food and drink!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
jimmy
u gonna be able to stay over night, we are gonna go and ride richland the next day like planned for the 1st race. hope to see ya there. like brian said, bring all the people u can, there should be a buncha good spots to spectitate

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
so where are all the other regulars? Bill? Rich? Jewell? djcash? Firemedic? It's dark and lonely in this place. Ok, so I'm bored at work again, but really hope everyone can make it this time, we've gone through considerable torture to make a great track that has something for everyone, it needs put to good use so bring as many people as you can.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
built us a bridge yesterday so we can use yet another little section we couldn't before. just like w/ the other bridge, the 1st person to fall in the creek gets the creek named after them. we already ahve a JEWELL'S GULLEY could we have a BILL HIBBS CREEK, or maybe a SPD STREAM? :think:

Top Bottom