Smithville H/S- What a loop

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
Just got back from the race, it was great! Kudos to the people who worked hard to put it on. It was a mix of tight woods, a few hills, and a few rocks. All a round great course. I got in 4 laps and had a fun time. It was nice to drive only 20 minutes to ride for once. Thanks to the Parks & Reck for the use of the land.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
...and where might smithville be?

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Smithville is just north of Kansas City. It's part of the Missouri Hare Scrambles Championship series. I was there to work and didn't get a chance to ride, but everyone I talked to loved the course. It was held on different ground this year and was a much tighter course. Steve Leivan got the overall, followed by Doug Stone and Brandon Forrester. The three were together the entire time, with Steve and Doug trading places throughout the race. At the end of their next-to-last lap, Doug made an interesting pass on Leivan just before the scoring lane, but Steve got back around him on the last lap to take the win. Was an absolutely beautiful day for racing, and we had 95 non-MHSC regulars sign up to ride.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
That course was cool, I worked it also, got to ride sweep..I was one of the clowns wearing the orange vests and having fun watching and riding. We had one injury, a lady hurt her knee and we had to transport her out by the check on the course.
The top 3 battle was epic, Stone in the grasstrack was unreal, then Steve could catch right back up in the tight woods...amazing to see those guys in action! Sunny and 72 degrees...a great day to be out in the dirt biking world.
Jason

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…