rmracer

Oct 27, 2004
I noticed a couple of days ago that there was smoke coming out of a tube on my rm 80. :ohmy: The tube looks like it may be a breather for the crankcase since it comes out in the front of the motor above the exhaust. The crankcase oil isn't too high so I don't know if it is something else or what. :think: Also, there is radiator fluid leaking out of the same tube I believe. The previous owner had sawdust or something in it to fix a leak :| . Since I flushed it,could I have opened the leaks up again so it's getting into the crank case or somethin? The radiator fluid isn't overfull or any thing also. Any advice on why it's doing this would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :yeehaw:

Last edited:
B

biglou

Sawdust? That sounds a little fishy... Anywho, the crankcase breather will occasionally blow some vapor, it's normal. Coolant leaking out of the coolant overflow tube is normal as well. When the cooling system warms up to the point that the fluid expands, it pushes past the cap and leaks out the tube. Large amounts of coolant, more than a few drops, leaking out is not good. And coolant out the crankcase breather is not good either, if not impossible!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom