bloaky

Jul 19, 2006
hi; bought a 1995 rt 180 yamaha 2 stroke for my son. it starts
first kick and runs great except it has quite a bit of white smoke coming out exhaust. is this typical for 2 stroke or do i need to change the rings and piston or something else ? :ride:

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Synthetic Oils

Are you running synthetic premix in the gas? If not I would give it a try. I run Amsoil ''smokeless'' synthetic it works great and my bike doesn't smoke. :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
They don't call em 2 Smokers for nothin!!

Get on twist the trottle and don't look back. (hard to see it smoke that way!!)

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
''80:1.... why not 100:1 works good on those alcohol bikes.''
------------------------------------------------------------
Im not quite ready to take that step!
(I would rather foul a plug than ruin my engine)

bloaky

Jul 19, 2006
thanks for your suggestions ,one thing i didn't mention was that its oil injection. i'll see if i can buy synthetic 'smokeless'
oil for oil injection. one could thing is i don't have to fog for mosquitos , i just start up the bike and give it a couple of revs.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
bloaky said:
thanks for your suggestions ,one thing i didn't mention was that its oil injection. i'll see if i can buy synthetic 'smokeless'
oil for oil injection. one could thing is i don't have to fog for mosquitos , i just start up the bike and give it a couple of revs.

I've never had an "injection" bike, but I have heard bad things about the injection systems. You can bypass that and just premix your oil.. From what I understand you have more control over the ratio if you premix yourself.

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
Does it smoke after it is fully warmed up? Both my bikes smoke until they are fully warmed up.

Also, the older oil injection systems that I've looked at are controlled by the throttle cable... you may want to check to ensure that the cable is properly adjusted.

If it were my bike I would would continue to use the oil injection system along with a good quality oil. IMO outboard engine oil is not a good oil to use in a motorcycle.

Is the air filter clean?

hks308

Mod Ban
Jun 4, 2006
yea, i got a 03 rm 250 and it smokes untill it warms up to. it nothing wrong with the bike. a little smoke here and there. no worries

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
One bad thing about them is if the injectior malfunctions you will not know until it is too late

You can say the same thing about an oil pump failure on a 4 stroke or if you forget to mix oil in with the gas on a 2-stroke.

Top Bottom